Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Los Angeles (Long Beach) Westin Long Beach

izzyvet
By izzyvet,
in

So, if this is for Los Angeles and vicinity, what is it doing in the "Hotwire -- all other cities" forum instead of the "Hotwire -- Los Angeles" forum?

I was wondering the same thing when I posted. I couldn't find any posts in the Long Beach area under the "Los Angeles" forum. I also have never been to this part of California, so when I originally searched this site looking for help with Long Beach hotels this is the forum that I came too. I had no idea that Long Beach was a part of LA. But then I purchased my hotel room and that's when the Los Angeles map came up, which is why I mentioned it in my post. I can certainly also post in the Los Angeles forum.

Hey... go easy on the admin! :)

It didn't get moved prior because i didn't notice it and no user had suggested it.

This post brings up a good point though:

On Priceline the zone is strictly 'Long Beach' and would no be part of the Los Angeles forum and would be under 'other cities'... with Hotwire the zone is Los Angeles (Long Beach) and therefore would go under the California - Los Angeles forum. This could create problems for future users who are looking for Long Beach info since they would need to look in the 'Other Cities' section for Priceline but the 'Los Angeles' section for Hotwire. Does this seem acceptable if we remain consistent in classifying each according to the service that is used?

I'll go ahead and move it now, but thoughts/comments on the above dilema are welcomed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Makes sense to me. Just checked back to see if the post got moved. I guess if I was smart I would have simply done a search for "Long Beach" and found all the posts then easily.

By the way, the Westin was WONDERFUL. We were within walking distance to many bars and restaurants and also to a Wal-Mart for those last minute forgotten items. They changed us to a King bedroom promptly upon request. The Heavenly Bed and Shower were really nice. Even though we didn't use it the pool area looked beautiful.

If anyone is wondering, cab fare to the cruise-ship pier was about $7.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]