Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Cary NC - Marriott Courtyard

Phaelon56
By Phaelon56,
in

Lat minute bidding for an unexpected business trip. Our travel agent booked me in the RDU airport Hilton Garden Inn at the "discount" rate of $149. Times are tight and I can't in good conscience have my employer shell out that $$ when all I need is a bed.

HW had 2.5* for $34 and 2 * for $60 in RDU Airport zone (go figure - not a typo!)

Hotels.com showed "3*" La Quinta at $75

Bid 1: RDU Airport zone 3* at $45 - rejected

Bid 2: add Cary (only free rebid avail) at $55 - rejected

Here's my BIG SCREW-UP

Added 2.5* and forgot to just start new bid process. I had already selected Cary as my free rebid and just after I entered $34 and hit "Buy"..... I realized what I'd done. Sure enough - I got a hotel in Cary.

No big deal as I do like Courtyard but it's 15 miles from the aiport and I have a 6 AM flight plus a rental car to return.

Lesson well learned - check every parameter and check again before committing. I have a friend who recently bid for a room in KC, KS and bid off by one month! Needed it for April and entered 03 as month instead of 04. He had to eat that one - at least I still get to use the room!

Sorry to hear of your mistake, but if you feel any better, it happens to all of us eventually.

Even if you had to eat this one and re-bid for the airport zone, i think you'd still be way ahead of the game. Just have to look at it as one of the costs of doing business (with Priceline).

By the way, did you make the same mistake as your friend? Your title states 3/28, but i think you meant to type 4/28 :) Which date is correct?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The date is just a typo. Bad enough to make one big mistake but I didn't make two!

Forgot to post the pricing details - here they are:

Your Offer Price: $34.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $34.00

Taxes: $4.16

Processing Fee: $5.95

Total Charges: $44.11

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]