Priceline Hotel: 4* Seattle (Downtown-Pike Place) Westin

franknstein
By franknstein,
in

Hi, I'd like to get the Marriott Waterfront (the only 3.5*) for Aug 28th, 3 rooms, 1 night, and under $100. I've searched the forum and I NEVER see this hotel mentioned? They're on Priceline's list, does no one ever succeed? Am I just way under the proper budget? Seems like 4*'s are going for $70-95 and this is only 3*.

We're flying in the day before our cruise and would like a hotel downtown not too far from the waterfront. We've got 4 octogenarians with us so the less walking the better. Marriott seemed perfect. Edgewater would be OK, but I don't want to risk ending up way out by I-5.

Any help? Thanks!

If you must have a waterfront property, I would suggest getting the Edgewater through http://www.Orbitz.com. They have a deal going on right now for like $109 a night which is very good for the Edgewater if your date lands on the promotion I saw. I really don't like the Edgewater, but it's on the water. Someone else will have to explain the Marriott as I've never heard of it being won.

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

The Marriott has only been reported to the board once and it was nearly 5 years ago: Priceline Seattle Marriott.

Regardless of how often a hotel appears, if you need a specific property you are likely better off booking it thru a non-opaque source where you know the name of the hotel beforehand.

If you're a little flexible than HOTWIRE can be an optino which helps you save money vs. a hotel direct purchase since you can often take an educated guess as to what you'll likely receive based upon the amenities shown before your purchase.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok, I think we're going to switch gears and go for the Space Needle area instead. I'd like to get one of the 2.5* hotels, since they all seem to come w/ complimentary breakfast. I'd prefer the Holiday Inn express, but it's not critical. Can't find any recent (or past) success stories, any help on bidding strategy?

I ALWAYS use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links in the upper corners of the page, of course. I mean who wouldn't? It'd just be silly not to. ;o)

That's a pretty drastic gear switch. You said before that you didn't want a hotel near the I-5, but one of the 2.5* hotels in the Space Needle zone (Springhill Suites) is. And although the 2.5* hotels in this zone all have complimentary breakfast, you could be upgraded to a 3* hotel that does not. I don't know what Priceline rates will be like for these hotels in August, but given the fact that others are getting rooms at 4* hotels Downtown for $70-80, I would go any higher than $60 for a 2.5*.

I recommend that you try for a 4* hotel first. When you factor in hotel quality and location, I think $70-80 for a 4* in Downtown Seattle is a better deal than $50-60 for a 2.5* in the Seattle Center zone (I don't think you'll be able to get a 2.5* for less than $50).

Yeah, I know. But the more I thought about it, I realized I just wanted to be somewhere we could walk to things. At least there's stuff to do around the Space Needle hotels, and the monorail is there as well if we want to take that down town. I'll have to check the SpringHill location, I thought it was closer to the Needle. Thanks!

To be honest about the whole "star" thing, I've done a LOT of traveling and stayed in tons of hotels, from 5 star to the Super-8, and for my money you can't beat Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Suites. They generally have good size rooms, free parking, w/ lots of amenities and a great breakfast (for me anyway). The locations are not always smack in the middle of the action, and if that's a big concern I can see going elsewhere, but I never understood the attraction of paying more for a fancy hotel with often smaller rooms where you then have to pay for parking and breakfast (easily another $10 per head). And I know the HIE in Seattle charges for parking, but we're not driving so it doesn't matter.

I'd have to agree that Downtonw/Pike Place would be far superior to the Space Needle... other than the EMP, Space Needle, and a bunch of carnival ride/games, there is not a lot to do around this area.

The address of the Springhill Suites is

1800 YALE AVE

Seattle, WA

If you enter this address at Maps and Hotels.com you can see the location relative to the Space Needle, Downtown, and I-5.

Ultimately it's your stay and you know the needs of your group best, so let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think anybody can take a guess with any degree of accuracy, which why we usually state that if you're trying to target, or avoid, a particular hotel, HOTWIRE may be a better option. If you choose to use PRICELINE, you need to be prepared to accept a hotel anywhere in the zone at the minimum star rating (or higher) that you choose.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hey, space needle, carnival, rides - did I mention I have a 3 and 5 year old? I think what we'll do, since we have a night at the beginning and end of the trip, is stay downtown on the front end, and space needle on the back end. Is it really safe to keep adding other areas (Like Bothel) that show only a 2.5* as long as you're only bidding 3.5* and above? Thanks!

I ALWAYS use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links in the upper corners of the page, of course. I mean who wouldn't? It'd just be silly not to. ;o)

Hey, space needle, carnival, rides - did I mention I have a 3 and 5 year old?
I don't think you mentioned the 3 and 5 year olds... i was thinking more in terms of the "octogenarians" you previous mentioned. :)
Is it really safe to keep adding other areas (Like Bothel) that show only a 2.5* as long as you're only bidding 3.5* and above?
As long as you use the proper method to check your re-bid zones (which is not using our hotel lists) which is explained here. You can also confirm your re-bid zones with the board and/or use Re-Bidding.com as a means to doublecheck your re-bid zones. If you need help understanding how to check your re-bid zones just ask for help and we'll break it down for you.

So for this 8/28 stay, which zone(s) are you willing to bid, desired star rating, and maximum bid?

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

Ok, got the Westin for $80, which is what I figured based on all the other recent wins. That place must be packed w/ BetterBidders!

So, I bid 75 for pike place, then 78 for pike and bothel, then 80 for pike, bothel and everett. Aug 28, 1 night, 3rooms, 4* - and I was bidding for 3 1/2* by the way.

Now I'll have to wait till tomorrow for the 2 1/2* near the Space Needle at the end of the week because it says there are no rebid zones.

Congratulations on your success!

This is an excellent deal for this property... not to mention this time of year. This is usually the 'season' for Seattle but it appears business is currently soft.

If you haven't bid for a 2.5* yet you don't need to wait 24 hours since that stay would be for a different set of date(s). For that stay please start a NEW TOPIC so that we can follow that bidding process, and ultimately reflect the hotel won, in the topic title of that thread (as we have since done reflecting your win of the Westin in this thread)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this stay and start to your family vacation!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]