Hotwire specials emailed not right

tropic3
By tropic3,
in

I get Hotwire specials emailed to me.

There are always great specials but when i click on "show me", the price jumps $10-20 more once i have clicked on the special. For example just this morning i get an email that there is 4 star hotel in waikiki marina for $109 but once i clicked "show me" the price jumped to $119.

Isn't this false advertising?? :)

I get Hotwire specials emailed to me.

There are always great specials but when i click on "show me", the price jumps $10-20 more once i have clicked on the special. For example just this morning i get an email that there is 4 star hotel in waikiki marina for $109 but once i clicked "show me" the price jumped to $119.

Isn't this false advertising?? :)

I received the same email. I think it depends on which day you book your hotel stay. Plus total number of occupant in the room also affect the price . I noticed that most of the time the rate I receive through notified email from hotwire only applies when booking for 2 occupants in the room.

take a look at the fine print, the email that I received today was "based on Hotwire searches from 5/13-09-5/27/09. Rates subject to change and availability".

Well why do they send you an email today with specials for searches 5/13/09-5/27/09 when todays date is 1st june???

Well why do they send you an email today with specials for searches 5/13/09-5/27/09 when todays date is 1st june???

HOTWIRE can only report what was, they have no control over what will be. Hotel managers establish pricing and HOTWIRE great deals can sell out.

establish the identity of this 4* hotel in Waikiki and compare the $109 rate to the best deal that you can otherwise get using conventional booking methods.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]