Hotwire Hotel: 3* Newark (Morristown-Parsippany) Summerfield Suites

RonJ
By RonJ,
in

Hi, I was checking out Hotwire for Morristown-Parsippany area for a one night's stay on July 8, 2009. Here are some choices we were given:

2.5* Hotel, Morristown-Parsippany area, free breakfast, restaurant, tennis nearby, $44

2* Hotel, Morristown-Parsippany area, free breakfast, laundry, high speed internet, $46

3* Hotel, Morristown-Parsippany area, suite, smoke-free rooms, fitness center, business center, high speed internet, kitchenette, $59.

Any clues about these? I am guessing the last one is Staybridge, though according to TripAdvisor that hotel isn't totally smoke free.

I am planning to travel with my wife and two young boys, so we would really like to avoid being cramped into two double beds. Free breakfast is always desirable.

Ron

Hi thereuare,

Thanks for the reminder. I did update the thread for Providence that I had started. In this case my wife decided that she did not want to go through with that particular purchase, and we ended up buying through a hotel. Sorry about not having given you an update there.

Ron

we ended up buying through a hotel.

Note, as per our support page, we have links to the Homestead Hotels brand as well as most other hotel chains.

The 3* suite property matches the Summerfield Suites, not the Staybridge, so that would be our best guess for that one.

The other two properties have not yet been identified.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I have stayed multiple times at the 3 star suite place and gotten either the Summerfield Suites or Staybridge Suites. They are very close to each other and both fabulous facilities with free breakfast. The Staybridge has an indoor pool, the Summerfield does not. The breakfast is ample but the quality is only fair. The Staybridge will only give you a studio room but will allow you to pay an additional fee for a 1 bedroom suite with separate living room (I think it was 10 dollars more).

I would be VERY careful regarding the 2 star. I booked a 2 star in that area with the same ameneties listed, except the laundry one wasn't listed, and it was the Wellesley Inn. The place was scary to say the least. They made us park in a deserted lot and put us in a deserted building in the back, and we couldn't even secure the window to the room from the outside. We left without staying there because we did not feel safe at all, and Hotwire refunded our fee after I emailed them. For this reason, I would NEVER book a 2 star in Parsippany area again.

If I were you, I would stick with the 3 star and suite place, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed...

Thanks Ron, I had been staying weekly at the three Morristown Hyatts at $40 and $45, but have not been able to get them lately.

I'm currently staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Parsippany for $50/night - I might be overpaying. I think it's a 2*. Free breakfast, the location is OK, not great, it's kind of hard to find from the street. There is a pool but I am told it is not heated and the weather here has been crap for months so I haven't tried to use it yet.

Thanks Ron, I had been staying weekly at the three Morristown Hyatts at $40 and $45, but have not been able to get them lately.

I'm currently staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites in Parsippany for $50/night - I might be overpaying. I think it's a 2*. Free breakfast, the location is OK, not great, it's kind of hard to find from the street. There is a pool but I am told it is not heated and the weather here has been crap for months so I haven't tried to use it yet.

I should add that I use priceline, not hotwire. Your $46 2* might be the holiday inn.

The hotel is ok, not great. they are trying to renovate but the place just isn't set up to be a 3* hotel. I saw the "showcase rooms" they are not much nicer than the regular rooms (or maybe I'm getting the renovated rooms??)

Well, the beds are comfortable enough and the rooms and hallways are clean. I think it is an old truckers hotel that is trying to raise it's standards - there is a sign in the front lobby apologizing to all their regular clients who are distressed about the conversion to a "non-smoking" hotel, but that there are still somesmoking rooms and they will try to put the smokers close to the doors.

Maybe that explains why my requests to be near a door always result in me getting a room in the exact middle of a hallway!!

I should add that I use priceline, not hotwire. Your $46 2* might be the holiday inn.

more posts means more data points and lets "wins" like this show up on the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins

I use the calendar of wins all the time to research recent winning bids and use this information to make my bids.....can you please post some of your recent Morristown and Parsippany success stories?

thanks!

I would like to post more often, would like some tips on how to do so easily.

When I repeatedly book the same property at the same price, I don't post every repetitition. Also, I often make "last minute" bookings, but am under pressure to do so quickly and don't have time to update to the board at the same time. I would like to find a way to make this easier.

I do keep images of all my transactions, if someone wants to enter them I could zip them up and e-mail them.

I try to post when I think I have what I think will be interesting to others, but avoid repetitive posting due to the time it takes and the fact that I am sometimes working from a mobile device on the road.

I would like to post more often, would like some tips on how to do so easily.
Seriously, it takes less than a minute to add the details of your purchase to the board.... and if you're working on the road, i suspect you get internet (free or pay) at your hotel.

You never followed-up your Hotwire Wisconsin Dells thread, but imagine if somebody had purchased both of those hotels but didn't report them to the board because they found it too 'difficult' to do so OR didn't think anyone else would find it 'interesting'.

Please begin to share your results with the board and use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]