Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Springdale Terrace Brook Hotel

dmb276
By dmb276,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

While some of the reviews are pretty bad, they're mostly older and the reviews from the last two months are greatly improved, hopefully it will go better than you hope.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If most major rating agencies rate this less than 2.5* you can try to 'challenge' HOTWIRE's rating of this property by calling them and letting them know you don't feel that the rating lives up to the property, citing the major sites which rate this property lower.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Orbitz and Cheaptickets just dropped the price on this property to $74.75/night for the same date. I requested a best rate guarantee refund through Hotwire, but I'm not too optimistic. I'm sure they will find a way to deny it. The rate is not only $5.25 less than the "hot rate," it also looks like Hotwire added an extra $6 in the taxes and fees area, so I'm really paying $11.25 more than if I just would have booked through Orbitz. Boooo on Hotwire... :)

I did try to contest the rating and they denied it. The good reviews I have found on the web are all submitted on the same date and written with bad grammar, so I'm guessing they were planted by an employee.

There is probably more bad grammar on the web then good (myself included) :)

HOTWIRE is usualy very good regarding honoring their price guarantee as long as it fits within their terms. Not sure when you mad the purchase, but the claim/lower rate needs to be found within 48 hours, so that would be the one potential 'wrinkle' that i can see based upon the time you made your posts above you may be very close to this timeframe. As well, their guarantee is "Double the Difference", so if successful hopefully it'll be a little more than you anticipated.

Let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]