Priceline Hotel: 3* Vancouver (City Hall-Downtown South) Holiday Inn Centre on Broadway

bailey06
By bailey06,
in

Took four tries to get this hotel room in two separate days of trying. I was very flexible in terms of location, just didn't want to pay too much.

Try #1:

Bid $65 in Downtown area for 4*

Bid $70 and added Langley - free rebid zone

Bid $72 and added North Van - free rebid zone

Added 3.5* and bid $53

Bid $56 and added Coquitlam - free rebid zone

Bid $60 and added City Hall - free rebid zone

No luck on this try.

Try #2:

Bid $70 in Downtown area for 4*

Bid $71 and added Langley - free rebid zone

Bid $72 and added North Van - free rebid zone (frz)

Try #3:

Bid $62 in Downtown area for 3.5*

Bid $65 and added City Hall - frz

Bid $67 and added Coquitlam - frz

Bid $68 and added Langley - frz

Try #4:

Bid $60 in City Hall for 3*

Bid $63 and added Langley - frz

Won the Holiday Inn Vancouver Centre on Broadway for $63/night for two nights - a 3* hotel.

I'm pretty happy with this hotel - as long as it's good when I get there - because it's on a major street and within walking distance of Granville Island and not far from bussing it downtown if we don't want to use our car. Parking looks like it's $10 so that's a much better rate that downtown parking.

Interesting to see from the bid history the apparent lack of "cheap" inventory in Vancouver at the moment. I'm wondering if hotels there are waiting until closer to the date to turn rooms over to PRICELINE (e.g. perhaps one week in advance) - as potentially evidenced by Tash79's experience eventually winning the Hyatt. I read in the paper that a local hotel GM says people are waiting later to book trips in this economic climate, so maybe hotels want to hold on to the rooms themselves for a bit longer to see what they can fill...?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]