Hotwire Hotel: 3* Winona Express Suites Riverport Inn

lindisfarne
By lindisfarne,
in

Express Suites Riverport Inn, 900 Bruski Drive, Winona, MN - this used to be a Best Western but recently has been switched to a Holiday Inn Express.

Hopefully someone else will find this information useful. My account at Hotwire is giving me an error message when I click on the reservation so I'm not sure of the final price, but I think it was $138 with taxes & fees. After the reservation was made, I saw that I could have gotten $62/night with a reservation through one of the online sites (I can't remember which, but maybe Hotels.com) - so not much of a savings.

I made this reservation for someone else and have not heard back yet on how it was. However, based on reviews at various sites, I'm surprised Hotwire made this a 3 star hotel. This was my first time using Hotwire (I've used Priceline a few times and have always been happy) and am not impressed they consider this a 3* hotel (I'm hoping Holiday Inn improved it greatly but I doubt it). There are a couple of other Holiday Inns in Winona which are reviewed more favorably; I was expecting one of those (and didn't know of this one recently switching to Holiday Inn). I didn't go with Priceline because their highest rating was a 2*. This is what you get in towns where there is little competition and few nice hotels - I could have gotten a 4* in Minneapolis for the same rate (or slightly higher). Rochester is an hour away & La Crosse, WI about 45 miles- but the people I made the reservation for wanted to be in Winona.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List... do you happen to recall the amenities shown before your purchase?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Hope you're friends enjoyed their stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]