Priceline Hotel: November 12-14

hockeyla32
By hockeyla32,
in

ok I am kind of still new to Priceline bidding... but I am trying to get a 5* on the strip (hopefully venetian) at a good deal. I made my backup reservation at Luxor for about $160 a night and am looking to spend about that on a 5*. Heres how my bidding went on Priceline with no luck

Bid $100, Added a zone

Bid $115, Added a zone

Bid $130, Added a zone

Bid $145, Added a zone

Bid $155, Gave up.

Any other tips? should I wait til the date is closer?

Thanks!

Rates are high for your dates and i don't think you're going to be successful at the 5* level unless there is a major change in pricing.

I would continue to try as it doesn't cost anything to bid, but the chances are very slim. If you continue to monitor rates all over town i think you have a better chance of beating/finding an alternative to the $160/nite rate you have at the Luxor than you do of landing the Venetian on Priceline.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You mentioned checking rates. Are you referring to hotwire and priceline? or just going direct to the hotels websites. I have been searching with no luck for something better... I am looking to stay at a decent hotel on the strip... I am afraid to bid on priceline for a 4* for fear of getting the westin....

Thanks!

I was refering to mostly checking the hotel's websites, and to a lesser extent Hotwire (just to see if anything happens to appear, although i don't think Hotwire is great in Vegas, as i have mentioned in this LAS VEGAS HOTELS thread).

I saw the Flamingo for an average of $150/nite... may be a drop in quality from the Luxor but the location can't be beat!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 7 months later...

The culprit here (pertaining to the Venetian) is the following:

COMPUTER ASSOCIATES ANNOUNCES CA WORLD 2005

CA�s Premier Event Focuses on Innovation, Collaboration and Technology

ISLANDIA, N.Y., March 17, 2005 - Computer Associates International, Inc. (NYSE: CA) today announced that CA World 2005 will be held at the Venetian Las Vegas and Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas, November 13-17, 2005.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]