Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Orange County (Disneyland) Crowne Plaza Anaheim

jewelergirl
By jewelergirl,
in

Hello

I do not understand how the resort fee works into the bidding process with PRICELINE.

If I bid, for example, $50 a night, can priceline accept the bid and then tell me later that the resort has a $12 fee per night or will it tell me there is a resort fee and let me make the choice of whether or not I can afford the extra fee before I accept?

I just want to make sure we don't go over what we have budgeted.

Thank you!

I am new ot Betterbidding- have used priceline a couple of times, but had no idea about the intricacies.

We are planing a trip to Disneyland, Anaheim. We will need hotel 5/26, 5/27 and 5/28. (Tue, Wed and Thur after Memorial Day weekend).

I would like to stay at the nicest place possible, but we are on a real tight budget. We could do a top rate of $40, maybe $45 a night before hotel tax if there is no resort fee.

Can anyone tell me what star level and rate might be a good place to start? I have been seeing some $40 a nights accepted at 3 and 3.5 star places, but am just not sure if that is possible for this time period.

As well, we won't be bidding until the 23d or 24th ( plans are dependant upon other factors).

Also- do you know how to calculate the hotel tax for this area ahead of time?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Unfortunately it's the former (sort off)

PL make you aware before you bid that there may be a Resort fee but they can't tell you what\if it will be charged.

So if you win and the hotel charges a fee it's your problem not theirs. :)

This is where good research is important.

Look at what is the likely hotel and research what\if there is a resort fee.

Where are you bidding?

Haven't bid yet. I think I will be going for 3 or 3.5 in anaheim, so there is the possibility of the $12 fee at the Crowne Plaza.

So, as I understand it, (becuase I havent done PRICELINE for a while) after I offer my bid, if accepted, I will be told what the amenities of the hotel who accepted my bide are and have the chance to check to see which hotel they might match before committing?

Thank you!

So, as I understand it, (becuase I havent done priceline for a while) after I offer my bid, if accepted, I will be told what the amenities of the hotel who accepted my bide are and have the chance to check to see which hotel they might match before committing?

No

Once your bid has been accepted the hotel name will be revealed and you've paid with no refund!

Sounds like you are mixing up with HOTWIRE.

You are confusing PRICELINE and HOTWIRE.

Start here: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire as it explains the similarities, and differences, between the two services.

Feel free to ask any general questions you have regarding each service, but we'll holf off with any specific advice for this stay until once your plans are firm.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We are sure of our travel plans now :) -

We will be checking-in in Anaheim Tues 5/26 and checking our Saturday 5/30, so a 4 night stay. I am seeing that Crowne Plaza has accepted some $40 bids. Really, any 3 to 3.5 star would be fine with us-even some of the lower ones are fine, but it'd be nice to have a shot at the Hyatt Regency or other nicer properties.

I am planning to begin at the 3.5 star level. Should I start at $40, should I lowball and start at $35 (got $35 through priceline at the Hyatt 2 years ago) or should I start a little higher than $40 so I have a shot at the better hotels? I am thinking that because 3/4 our stay is weeknights, they might accept lower rates that usual.

Any avice is helpful- Thank you!

Thank you for fixing my post up- I was not sure If I added onto this one if anyone would see the new post. I will stick with this one :o

I can go to about $45 on a bid knowing that I could have to pay up to $32 a day extra for hotel parking ($20 at the Marriott) and anaheim city shuttle to DL ($4 per person per day). Really, any of the 3 stars would be good too. Its easy to over analyze it all now and want the best for the cheapest, but once we get there, we'll be happy as clams with whatever we have just to be at DL :) .

Yes- we will be doing Anaheim Disneyland area only- we'll rent an electric wheelchair from an offsite company and have it delivered to the hotel (hubby has a foot injury :) ) - I thought the easiest thing would be to use hotel to DL shuttle service.

If you want to begin by trying for a 3.5* property you have FOUR re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Disneyland...

Bid $37, if rjeected add re-bid zone...

Bid $39, if rjeected add re-bid zone...

Bid $41, if rjeected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rjeected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We won the Crowne Plaza Resort Anaheim for Disneyland trip next week at $41 YAY!

Check in Tue 5/26, check out Sat 5/30

Bid History:

3.5* $37- Disneyland area only

3.5* $39- Disneyland + Anaheim Hills

3.5* $41- Disneyland + Anaheim Hills + Laguna

Won @ $41

4 nights- subtotal $164

tax/srvc fees $29.76

Priceline total $193.76

Not included per-night reosrt fee (includes parking) $12 x 4 = $48

FREE hotel shuttle to/from Disneyland $0

Real Total: $241.46

Thanks so much for the help and bid strategy- worked beautifully!

Cheers and mickey ears to all!

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like you got a very nice deal and that you're happy with the results! Glad to see this property will work well for your needs and you're looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]