Priceline Hotel: 4* & 3.5* Niagara Falls, Canada Failed bids

Debjapan
By Debjapan,
in

In case it helps the next guy, here is the history of my failed bids.

Check-in:

8/2/09

Check out:

8/5/2009

Bid #1

Area selected: Niagara Falls

4*

bid: $60

Bid #2

Area selected: Niagara Falls

3.5*

bid: $64

Bid #3

Area selected: Niagara Falls, West Niagara Falls

3.5*

bid: $67

I did use the Betterbidding PRICELINE links, and will do so when I try again another day in the future.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I think you can improve upon your bidding strategy somewhat...

It's generally considered risky to increase your bid while lowering your star rating, as you did from Bid#1 to Bid#2... see If You Lower Your Star Rating then Lower Your Bid Price. As well, if you're willing to bid higher than your first bid, you could have kept the star rating at 4* and used a re-bid zone (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained) to coninue bidding for essentially just the Niagara Falls zone.

If you hae any questions regarding the information i the links above feel free to ask for help (and confirm your re-bid zones with the board if you're new to the concept of re-bidding)

If you'd like help with a suggested bidding strategy let us know which zones and star levels you're willing to accept as well as your maximum bid for this stay and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Kepe us updated or let us know if we can be of assistance.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. I'm happy with 3.5* and up, so I was using your line of reasoning when I added West Niagara and re-bid higher. I realized West Niagara had no applicable hotels in the category, so it was a free rebid. From past trips around the country and overseas, I do best on priceline about 3 weeks to a week before my arrival date. I suspect that's when hotels have a gist of how many extra rooms they need to move and it comes down the pipes to Priceline.

I played around a bit more today. All failed again, but that's really okay. I was just surfing for a real deal.

4* Niagara Falls $65

4* Niagara Falls, Thorold $69

4* Niagara, Welland, Thorold $71

3.5* Niagara Falls, Welland, Thorold, West Niagara $71

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

why does this happen? why do some people have to try for day and rebid numerous times, and others get the same hotel on their first bid for $60?

is there that much variance in the dates? I've been bidding on Niagara falls for over a week now, with no luck.

why does this happen? why do some people have to try for day and rebid numerous times, and others get the same hotel on their first bid for $60?
Rates are data specific.
is there that much variance in the dates?
Yes, there can be.
I've been bidding on Niagara falls for over a week now, with no luck.
Please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay (and reply to your messages :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]