Hotwire Hotel: MA Boston Omni Parker House Quincy Market-Faneuil Hall

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

I just returned from a one night stay at the Omni Parker House which I got from a priceline bid.

It's been mentioned before on these boards, but it bears repeating.... This is a historic hotel (one of the oldest in the country), and the rooms are small. Even the not-the-smallest rooms are small. We were given a cute corner room, with a little more space than others on the floor, probably because we are Omni Select card members and I gave the card number when confirming the reservation... I peeked at a few other rooms when they were being cleaned and saw how small they were....enough room for a bed, bureau, nightstand, and nothing more.

The king size bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was nicely appointed, no complaints there. The shower was small, stall only, not 4* caliber.

I caution bidding on priceline in the Omni zone if you have more than two people and must have more than one bed in your room. Although priceline as a general rule only guarantees sleeping accommodations for two people, which can mean one bed, some hotels can handle additional people better than others.

The Parker House is small, no ifs, ands or buts. Since there was only my husband and myself on this trip we were fine.... but if you are traveling with more, either go for two rooms, or bid on hotwire and make sure to check off the correct number in your party.

In the Copley zone, the Mariott Copley Place and the Westin have much bigger rooms in general, and in my opinion, are better suited for families and longer stays in Boston.

• 3 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]