Car Rental

love2fly
By love2fly,
in

Hello,

I am a new member.

A group of 7 of us will be flying to Las Vegas on July 30th, 2009. We plan to explore Vegas via walking or public transportation most of the time, and will then rent a minivan on Aug 3rd noontime to drive to Los Angeles. We will return the car on Aug 8th noontime and fly out.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to pick up the car from the airport a few days AFTER the arrival date, or would we have to do so at a city location? thanks.

You can pick up the car on any day you have a reservation. It does not matter if you have a flight that day or not. But hotels in Vegas do not charge for parking and you are going to pay about $20 X 2 each way, to and from the airport. The reason it will be times two is because cabs will only haul 4-5 people max and that is the vans. So it might be cheaper in the long run to just get the car when you get there.

You can pick up the car on any day you have a reservation.
The post above is correct, but just to clarify the section i quote to avoid any potential confusion (not likely but just dotting the i's and crossing the t's)... while you don't need to have a flight the day you begin your rental, you do have to pick up the car on the first day of your rental reservation. I don't want the above to be interpretted that if you have a car reservation for a week that you can pick up the car on the 2nd, 3rd, etc day of the rental.

So in sum: You don't need to have an arriving flight to rent a car from an airport location, but you do need to pick up the car on the first day of your reservation.

bbbb's point regarding transportation cost is also a factor to take into consideration, and the cost of the minivan will help you make the most cost effective option vs. convenience. If you do choose to pick up the rental after your arrival, you can just take one person (or up to 4) take the taxi back to the airport, pick up the rental car, then drive to the hotel to pick up the others. This can be time consuming as it requires you to 'backtrack' to the hotel, but if money is more important than time, this is at least an option.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]