Priceline Hotel: 3.5* USVI (St Thomas) Marriott Frenchmans Reef

scogirl
By scogirl,
in

I am trying to bid on Priceline for St. Thomas for a 3 1/2 * upscale plus. I am looking at June 20-27th.

I have seen the Marriott Frenchman's reef come through as a 3 1/2* as well as a 4* and I am confused

by that. I would love that resort but I am wondering if any other resorts are coming through as 3 1/2 *

on that island. I would like to not spend over $125 a night. I am hoping this is realistic.

Could you give me some help on a bidding strategy and also guess for me what hotel this would be by

chance?

Also, is there any way to guarantee air conditioning on priceline?

Star ratings change (upgraded/downgraded) all the time, you can click HERE to see the current rating of the Marriott.

...and HERE is a list of hotels on the "retail" side of PRICELINE where you can see what's available there (NOTE: there is a lot of overlap, but the 'retail' and 'bidding' arms of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels, so what's offered thru one side of their service may not be offered thru the other side of their service, and vice-versa)

If you'd like to move forward and bid, let us know your maximum bid and star level you're seeking and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would like the highest possible star level which is currently 3 1/2 * upscale plus. I am hoping to bid no higher than $125 a night but can go higher if this is not realistic.

I would also consider St. John. The only option that comes up is "Resorts" so I would assume it is the Westin which so many have gotten there. Do you know of any other Resorts that are booked on that island?

Grrrr... don't get me started with the St Thomas/St John ferry, had a very bad experience there which i'd rather forget :)

Since it seems like price is a deciding factor, this is how i would bid, which gives you an extra bidding opportunity each cycle...

As long as St Thomas has no Resort and St John has only Resort, i'd bid like this:

Select 3.5* St Thomas...

Bid $90, if reejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort St John...

Bid $90, if rejected add St Thomas and lower your star rating to 3.5*...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask. If rejected don't worry (as we're lowballing a bit right now) and we'll revise to try again in 24 hours.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am ready to bid on this but have changed my dates to July 4-11th. Does your strategy or pricing change for these dates?

I originally thought it would be harder to get for the 4th of July but the flights and such are better so I am hoping they will

more susceptible to taking my bid.

I followed your advice and strategy but I started at $85 and went to $95 and was rejected.

It was nice to be able to add St. John as they only have Resorts and get a free rebid.

I rebid today at $98 and $106 and was accepted at the $106 a night.

July 4-11 at $106 a night. Taxes and fees= $83.97 = Grand Total $825.97

I am really excited to stay at this hotel. It looks beautiful. Does anyone have any suggestions

for what to do in St. Thomas?

As always I used your PRICELINE link! Thanks for being a wonderful resource.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to hear it worked out well for you and you're happy with the results.

If you like snorkeling Trunk Bay (St John) is supposed to be very good (at least it was years ago), Megan's Bay is absolutely beautiful (but gets crowded too), and a ride to Mountain Top is touristy, but nice view and their famous cocktail.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]