Priceline Hotel: Resort Kauai (Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa) Grand Hyatt Kauai

joppike
By joppike,
in

Was using a corporate credit card to bid so decided to try my luck. The Grand Hyatt was available for $232 or so on Hotwire for those dates so bid 20% lower. Accepted on first try at $186! They must be reaally struggling to accept a price this low.

The total price still comes out to be around $250 with fees and the $18 mandatory resort the Hyatt will charge me at check-in. Usually my bf is good at getting these kinda deals so I'm especially excited to beat him at his own game for once, lol!

Wow great deal!

I am trying to book a resort level hotel in Kauai for 5/23-5/27 and have bid $94, $99 and $103 without any luck.

How did you know Priceline would assign you the Grand Hyatt and not a cheaper resort say... the Sheraton or the Marriott for that price?

Wow great deal!

I am trying to book a resort level hotel in Kauai for 5/23-5/27 and have bid $94, $99 and $103 without any luck.

How did you know Priceline would assign you the Grand Hyatt and not a cheaper resort say... the Sheraton or the Marriott for that price?

I didn't. :)

But my company will be reimbursing me for the stay. Our contracted travel agent was giving me rates of $200+ for the Marriot/Sheraton so I wanted to stay under that. It's much easier when you're gambling with someone else's money.

A couple of considerations: I'm staying mid-week and I called up Hyatt ahead of time to see how booked up they were (they have ALOT of availability most of this month). Since you're staying through Memorial Day weekend it might be wise to do the same.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other Q's!

That's awesome and I'm happy that you'll be able to stay at the Hyatt!

I would love to stay there but the possibility of getting the Sheraton or Marriott for $180+ when others have been winning bids for $110-$115 is kinda scary.

Does anybody know how Priceline decides which hotel to offer you if several hotels in your level are willing to accept your bid.

I would love to stay there but the possibility of getting the Sheraton or Marriott for $180+ when others have been winning bids for $110-$115 is kinda scary.

With low bids like the ones you are submitting i'd be happy with either the Sheraton or Marriott (nothing wrong with either).

From my understanding there is a whole bunch more to do where the Sheraton, Westin and Hyatt are so def. shoot for that area before the other end of the island.

I think the Sheraton would be great since its in Poipu.

My concern with bidding is that the winning bids for Marriott have been in the same price range as the Sheraton ($105-115)

They are both grouped in the same location (even though the Marriott is on the eastern side of the island)

Well the good thing about the Sheraton/Marriott is that they have very nice beaches next to their hotels, where as the Hyatt doesn't. They Hyatt does have nice pools but you can walk over to the Hyatt and enjoy the grounds for free, though you need a wrist band to use the pools. But if you have a fabulous swimmable beach right in front of your resort, no need for pools. I don't think you can go wrong bidding for a resort in the Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa region!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]