Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orange County (Costa Mesa-Irvine) Holiday Inn Costa Mesa

like2cruise
By like2cruise,
in

We successfully bid and received the Hyatt Regency Irvine for 2 rooms on 6/13/09 for a 1 night pre-cruise hotel. Our cruise itinerary was majory impacted with the "Swine" flu and we opted to change our cruise to July to be able to sail our original itinerary and when things should be calmed down.

I know this is an unusual situation, but I am curious if anyone has had any luck getting their pre-paid Hotwire hotel moved to another date for no fees or a small fee and if they have any suggestions on the best way to go about it. Contact Hotwire? Contact Hyatt?

I am aware that I agreed to a non-cancellation reservation, but I am just wondering if it would be worth a try since we really had no control of the situation.

Thanks for any help!

It's always worth a try but you probably won't succeed.

When you check your new travel date on HOTWIRE do you find the same hotel offered and is it the same price or less? If so that might improve your chances of the hotel accepting a trade, but it's still unlikely.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

I think trying to change the dates is going to complicate matters... i would try taking the approach that you're canceling because of the swine flu epidemic and that you do intend to rebook, so even if they could give you HotDollars (HOTWIRE's version of a credit) to use on a future purchase that would acceptable.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I called Hotwire yesterday. Initiallythe phone agent said they were only allowing changing of reservation through May 31st. When I explained that unfortunately the cruise lines were changing the itineraries up to and including June 14th, she put me on hold and checked and when she came back on she said her supervisor agreed to allow me to change my date.

I had to help her look at Royal Caribbean's website to confirm that my itinerary had changed. Once that was done, she refunded the full amount of my initial win and then she had to help me to do the rebidding for the new date. I was not allowed to rebid on my own...sorry I couldn't use your link. The Hyatt that I had won for June was not available for my new date :). I settled for a 3 star Holiday Inn for the new date in July as the 4 star hotel that was available was quite a bit more expensive and the Holiday Inn was quite cheaper. So anyway, it all worked out and the rep at Hotwire was very pleasant. Thanks for your advice. Would you like me to post my new win for the Holiday Inn in a separate posting? Thanks again!!

Glad it all worked out well!

Although HOTWIRE does take some heat for being a bit generous in their star ratings, their customer service is usually very good!

Please post the details of your win as a reply to this thread (all the details, including price, amenities, etc) should be visible in the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of HOTWIRE's home page and we'll edit the topic title accodingly to reflect your purchase.

Enjoy your upcoming stay and cruise!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Although not the Hyatt...should be ok for 1 night. Our new hotel is the 3 star Holiday Inn Costa Mesa-Orange County Airport for 1 night on 7/18/09 for $62.00($69.65 with taxes) for 2 rooms with 3-4 guests in each room.

Icons included:

Airport shuttle, Restaurant, High Speed Internet, Fitness Center, Business Center, Golf Nearby, Pool(s), Laundry Facilities and Tennis Nearby.

I hope this information is helpfu as I always appreciate your help!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]