Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) Grand Hyatt

dianemike
By dianemike,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If your plans are firm (they won't change) i would recommend to start bidding now. I believe it's always better to have time on your side.

If you let us know what zones you prefer (NYC PRICELINE ZONES) and your maximum bid, we'll be happy to suggest a bidding strategy.

As well, you should give this a read: RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED as using this strategy will help you get the best price available. Feel free to ask any questions that you have regarding this technique.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I was wondering WHEN you got this accepted offer - I have been playing around with 4*'s today trying to get something in Midtown west or Central park and have been up to $155 today. Just hoping to get a good deal like you!! Congrats by the way :)

I need 10/28 (thursday) - 10/30 (saturday). I have been playing around with bids for the last two weeks with hopes of getting something in the theater district for around $150. I have bid up to $160 for 4* and 3* in MTW, and up to $150 for 4* in central park and MTE. I have pretty much used up all of my bidding options today :) I am really familiar with the free zone rebidding practices and so forth - just surprised (and happy) to see a lower winning bid.

Should I just chill out until the room blocks are released? When typically are they released (4 weeks prior?) I guess I am just too excited about my trip!

Due to increased demand NYC bidding for this fall/winter has been very tough.

I had asked about your dates since they're different than this stay (and therefore could have little bearing on your own rates).

I don't think there is any set 'release date' and the hotels don't necessarily hold back rooms, it could simply be a result of the increased demand mentioned above.

So this thread doesn't get too far off topic from the original poster's win, please start a new thread with your bidding history above for your stay. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]