Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown West) Hyatt Regency

tallsilver
By tallsilver,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The Delta Chelsea has previously been reported with the amenities above and that would be our best guess for this one.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, i'm not following the above...

Please post a reply with the complete information (dates, zone, star rating, amenities, and price) of the HOTWIRE hotel(s) you're currently trying to identify.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have read that PL can assign you to a resort that does not show up in the zone's star rating listing. For example if I expand my search for a 4 star hotel in downtown toronto to a zone with only 3 star hotels listed - if that zone has a resort, I can be given a reservation for that. I read something about palm tree icons indicating there is a resort there ???

I'm just reluctant to try the zone rebidding until I know more about this. Can anyone give me the low down on how to avoid this?

When you choose a star rating at which to bid that is the MINIMUM you are willing to accept.

If your area has a Resort it WILL show up in the star rating but as a Palm tree.

You could be upgraded to the resort as this is classed as a higher star level.

Where are you looking to bid, we can help with a strategy.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Currently there are no Resort class properties in Toronto.

If you go to PRICELINE and enter the city and dates, on the next page you'll see a list of zones (which make up the Toronto region) and below that a list of star levels. Note that there are no "resort" categories in this list.

So you know what you're looking for (so in the future when you bid other areas) enter "Waikiki, HI" in the search box on the top right corner of the board and repeat the process above... notice in the list of star ratings, at the bottom of the list under the 1* line, there is a Resort category. You could then click the zones (above the star ratings) one at a time (so that only one zone is checked at a time) to see which of the zones have resort class properties.

If you'd like to bid for a hotel on PRICELINE let us know your maximum bid and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow... if you prefer to move forward with HOTWIRE please clarify your last post above and we'll advise accordingly.

Does priceline limit the number of days in one stay? I am trying to book 4 days in a row for a 4 star in downtown Toronto for May 28 to June 1 and have not gotten the same low deal (in the 50's) that others have recently in downtown Toronto. I am just about to foray into free re-bidding, but just thought I'd ask if this is why I've been getting turned down. I think the last time I tried two days ago , I went up to 69 which at the time was very close to hotwire rates but was still turned down.

Please keep all posts for this stay in this thread.

You can bid up to 21 nites in one PRICELINE bid... there is no issue with a 4 nite stay. The more likely reason for your rejections is that rates are higher for your particular nites then when others have had success in the low-$50's.

In fact i just checked a date when a $57/nite bid was won and the rate at the Sheraton was $191/nite (CAD)... then checked the dates for your stay and they're $290/nite (CAD). I suspect that if you looked at a few other hotels you'll find that youre dates are higher than usual.

What is the rate for the HOTWIRE 4* property? (and have you indentified it to confirm that this property is also rated 4* by PRICELINE?) What is your maximum bid for this stay?

Congratulations on your win(s).

Please stick with the board format of only one win per thread so that other functions, such as the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins, can perform correctly. We'll use this thread for your first purchase of the Hyatt... please start a NEW TOPIC for your Sheraton purchase.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay(s).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]