WA Seattle Courtyard by Marriott Lynnwood

mikkirm
By mikkirm,
in

The Lynnwood Marriott Courtyard is set back from the street, and its tiny driveway sign is hard to see. I almost missed it; fortunately, I had to stop for traffic, and saw the street number on the building. (The turn in for the Courtyard is right next to the turn in for the La Quinta, which is in front of the Courtyard.) The hotel is in a busy commercial area, with easy access to I5 and 405, and lots of nearby restaurants, and is near the Alderwood Mall.

That said, this Courtyard is nice and well-maintained. The clerk was very friendly, and even went up herself to check that my room was ready (they hadn

• 3 months later...

Very late (well, what's a couple of months :) ) review of my second stay at this location.

On the second trip, I got a room right over the front entrance of the hotel, with a balcony (not that there is any view of any kind from the balcony--it overlooks the entrance). This room was a bit deeper (from door to window) than the first room. I also think it's a "special" room--not necessarily a Priceline room, but one they also use for special requests. The reason I think this is that (1) it hadn't been stayed in for awhile, and (2) it had a full-sized refrigerator and a dining table in the room. However, due to the larger size of the room, it still wasn't crowded.

The room had two queen beds, like my first room, and other than the refrigerator and dining table, was configured the same. On exception is that instead of a stuffed armchair, it had a full-sized sofa near the balcony window/door.

I had the buffet here Saturday morning, and it wasn't as good as my first trip. If you do get this hotel, I would just go to one of the chain or local breakfast places on 196th Street, within 5 minutes or so of the hotel.

On another subject, if you are going to a function at McCaw Hall (or that end of Seattle Center), the Mercer Street garage is easy to get into and relatively inexpensive. The garage is between Roy and Mercer streets and between 4th & 3rd streets.

I can also highly recommend Bahn Thai restaurant on Roy Street, just a block away from the garage. It's in a converted house, set up above the sidewalk by a staircase. Fantastic food, and not too badly priced.

• 5 years later...

Stayed here 9/22 to 9/26 2010. Our interaction with three of the front desk personnel was easy and they all were personable and helpful. The room itself was okay, although I have experienced better Marriott Courtyards. We had two queen beds. Each bed has four pillows, double sheeted with a lightweight down-like blanket. I was surprised that none of the bed linens had been ironed. The nice deep blue piping on the sheets and pillows was crumpled and not attractive. The breakfast buffet with cooked-to-order eggs and omelets cost $10.75, so we passed on that; a lighter continental buffet costs $7.95. This hotel met our needs to be close to Edmonds and the ferry, but will not go on my list of inviting places to return to.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]