Hotwire Hotel: Downtown Seattle 4 Persons June 20-25

busybiddy
By busybiddy,
in

Hello

I have been reading this forum and appreciate all the information but I need help on my trip.

I need a hotel in Seattle, preferably the Pike Place or Space Needle areas for June 20 to June 25. There are 4 adults (two parents and 2 college aged children). Because of there being 4 of us, I am afraid to bid on PRICELINE, which I understand can only guarantee a room for two persons.

So, I have been looking at HOTWIRE and see that the prices do jump when you put in 4 people, but better safe than sorry.

What I can find in those two areas for my dates (June 20-25) is a 3 star in the Space Needle area for 119.00. The amenities listed are only Fitness Center and High Speed Internet. any idea of possible hotel?

Also, as we get closer to the date, is it possible I will find a better rate or should I lock in now? I can't say I think 119 is really cheap although I know downtown hotels are expensive. I'm willing to take some risk to try for a better price.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

If you are willing to pay $119 for a 3* on HOTWIRE for four people, how about bidding on Priceline for two rooms? I can't guarantee you would hit at $60, but it's not unprecedented. You are going during an expensive time, but that's what I would try first.

I'd also take a look at conventional rates for Springhill Suites and Homewood Suites and Silver Cloud. These include breakfast, and you can book a suite that could easily sleep four. These might be good for a backup.

Now they are showing a 3 star in the Seattle center- Space Needle for 119 with many more amenities. The amenities are: Smoke Free Room, Complimentary Breakfast, Business Center, Laundry Facilties, High Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby.

Any guess at to the hotel?

My bad, its a 2 star.

Here are the search details: June 20-June 25 1 room 4 adults Space Needle or Pike Place

Results come up with a 2 star in Downtown Seattle Space Needle 119.00

Amenities: Smoke Free, Complimentary Breakfast, Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High Speed Internet, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby.

On the details page there is a Trip Advisor Traveler Rating of 3.0 out of 5.0 based on 40+ reviews last reviewed on April 2009.

Not sure how firm your budget is, but if you search HOTWIRE for 4adults there is a 4* hotel in the Pike Place zone for $155/nite and a 3.5* for $145/nite... while these are both more than the 2* $119, for quad occupancy it's less than $10 per person per day to upgrade to a 4* hotel in the better (imo) part of the zone.

Yes, i understand that it adds up over a 4 nite stay, but if needed i can usualy find a way to save $10/day (buy a 6pk/bottle of wine at a local store and have the first drink in my room before heading out for the nite) and i think would make for an overall better experience than considering 2* properties in a city's downtown zone.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I have a backup hotel reserved but have been checking Hotwire. This came up today and I'd like to see which hotel this might be as it is cheaper and a higher class than what I reserved.

Travel dates are 6/20 to 6/25. Four people, 3 adults one child. One room.

The hotel is a 3.5 star in the Downtown Pike Place zone.

Amenities are complimentary breakfast, fitness center, pool, restaurant, business center, laundry facilities, and high speed internet.

Trip advisor rating is 4.0 out of 5.0 with 60+ reviews latest in May 2009.

Any ideas? Thank you. I used the links above!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above is a match for the Silver Cloud Inn (on Broadway) so that would be my best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

The above is a match for the Silver Cloud Inn (on Broadway) so that would be my best guess.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

If that is on Broadway its a nice new hotel but not as conducive for sightseeing as it one neighborhood away from downtown. You'd have to take a cab or bus to get to sightseeing unless you have a car. Its an eclectic neighborhood and nice but you won't walk out your door and be where you want to be.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]