General question on Priceline re-bids

PDB_905
By PDB_905,
in

When you've made a round of unsuccessful bids on Priceline, then try again several days later, is there a chance you can make the EXACT same bid that was rejected before, and have it accepted this time?

In other words, get rejected, but several days later make the same bid--same dates, same star level, same zone, same price. Or are the Priceline rates "locked in" for whatever dates you're bidding for, and you just need to start bidding higher?

Just want to know if I'm wasting my time by trying the exact same bid, or if on the second round of bids I should start higher than my last rejected bid.

I've got about two weeks, so I've got enough time to try several rounds of bidding.

Priceline rates like hotel rates can go up and down on a daily basis.

You could bid the exact same bid ad infinitum after each 24 hour period but you may be wasting valuable time.

Before your repeated bid you should check the hotel rates to see if there's been any fluctuation in price. also check HOTWIRE for their "opaque" rates.

(Also check to see if anyone else has made a successful bid for your dates and at what price.)

If there is no change, then it's odds on your bid will lose again. Your research should tell you what the minimum bid should be and also you should have set yourself a maximum.

Where are you bidding?

Someone here will give you a strategy if you give the details

Thanks. I'm pretty experienced with Priceline bidding, and I think I have a pretty good ballpark on price and bidding strategy.

Bidding right now in Fort Lauderdale for May 18-20. I'll post my results once I succeed.

So far I've made two rounds of bids for 3*, working my way up from about $37 (I always like to start lower than what I think they'll accept) to $49 the first round, and now I just tried another round going from $45 to $55. No soap so far. I'd like to get something under $60 if possible, and I may need to drop to 2.5* to get it done.

Trying for either Beach or Downtown zones. Airport North has nothing above a 2*, so that gives me a free re-bid zone as well.

Starting all bids from the PRICELINE link on Betterbidding.com.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]