Priceline Hotel: 2* Newark (Jersey City) Candlewood Suites

sunnyc
By sunnyc,
in

I intially bid for jersey city 2.5 and 3 star for 10/08-10/12 for $37 but got rejected. then for $40,$50,$60 then $70 but all got rejected. i decided to split up the dates (10/08-10/10 and 10/10-10/12)in hopes of getting a better price but i got rejected at $60. seems like the prices have gone up substantially from the other successful bids that were posted. i guess i should try for $70?? any advice? thanks

More than likely there' s just no Priceline availability at this time. It's quite possible that something could open up between now and then, so you may want to keep trying every 72. You may also want to consider a 2* bid. The 2* Candlewood Suites is the only 2* to have come up in that zone and it's a nice place. I would try $60@$2* if you're interested in that.

The Hyatt is sold-out for the nite of 10/9, but since you had also tried 10/10-10/12 that is only part of the problem. Am i correct that you did try 10/10-10/12? I do think that you would have success for just the nite of 10/10, but then you would be looking at changing hotels more than twice. :)

This JERSEY CITY HYATT post indicates that the nite of the 11th is probably not available.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just now checking rates for your dates, among the 4 Jersey City Priceline hotels, only Marriott Courtyard and Candlewood Suites are available for all nights. (Doubletree is sold out in addition to Hyatt). Candlewood is showing only $120 on their website ($79 on Hotwire), while the Courtyard is $199. I think 2* is probably your best bet if you want to do all nights at one place.

Thanks for the win... glad to hear you got this one straightened out.

Interesting to note that the hotel's website currently shows a sold-out condition for 10/8-10/10! (don't know if it was like that earlier today when you made your bid or not)

If you want to check out the Hyatt it's a nice little walk along the river... you can stop in there and have a drink at their bar overlooking the NYC Skyline. Also, don't forget that board members can get 10% off their meal at the BAJA JERSEY CITY.

Enjoy your stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]