Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Detroit (Birmingham-Troy-Madison Heights) Best Western Madison In

Nodge
By Nodge,
in

Based on prior posts, I thought this might have been the Madison Heights Hampton Inn, but I got this dump instead:

Best Western Troy-Madison Inn

1331 W 14th Mile Road

Madison Heights, MI 48071

(248) 583-7000

Date of Travel: April 22, 2009 (for one night)

Hotwire Price: $59

Taxes and fees: $11.45

Total Cost: $70.45 (Which is $70.45 more than a hotel room here is worth)

Hotwire Star Rating: 2.5 Stars (Hotwire must have been dreaming when it assigned this rating)

Hotwire Location: Detroit (Birmingham - Troy - Madison Heights Area)

Amenities Listed: Complementary Breakfast, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Business Center, High Speed Internet

I used the HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links on BetterBidding, both when I booked this hotel via Hotwire, and again after seeing it in person to book a different hotel via Priceline. I ended up at the much, much, much nicer 3 Star "Courtyard by Marriott" up the road for only $39/night.

-nodge

Sorry to hear this one didn't work out as you expected.

In the future if you arrive at a hotel and there are tangible issues (ie- not clean vs. it's "outdated") you can usually do pretty good by calling HOTWIRE and discussing the issue with them. They're often reluctant to do anything before you show up at the hotel, but they're more than willing to hear any grievances once you offer to give the hotel a chance.

Not sure how rates were for this date, but even between this "unused" stay and the subsequent PRICELINE purchase... you still may have come out ahead vs. the cost of a hotel direct purchase :)

Thanks for using our PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchase.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]