Insurance - Optional or Mandatory?

prea
By prea,
in

Hello there!

Just found a car for $29/day fees and taxes included ($13.95 + 15.11) on HOTWIRE.

I have auto insurance in my CC, so don't plan to buy any additional...

My question is: is there any obligatory insurance that you have to buy? Or can I be confident that this rate is all I'll need to pay, with nothing else in the agency at pick-up?

Thanks!

yellowdog can add any additional info, but in the meantime, the insurance issue isn't a PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE thing... it's whether your credit card (or personal insurance if you own a car) will cover any insurance that you may need/want.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

prea it's like thereuare said. This is not a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE issue. It's when you pick-up the car at the rental company. What i'm saying is that you should double check so your insurance is valid in USA. Rental companys also ask for some kind of liability insurance sometimes. The rules are diffrent depending on your origin.

If i booked a car on HOTWIRE, wouldn't the rental company release it to me without the valid USA liability/insurance option. I live in Sweden so it's diffrent rules for me and other european countries. I'm not saying that they have the same rule for Brasil. But I advice you to check this before you book the car or it could be an expensive rental since you're a non USA citizen.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]