Priceline Hotel: Near Port Everglades and HEY, I'm brand new here

melmgmel
By melmgmel,
in

I have spent the past few days reading as much as I could on this wonderful website. You kids (I say kids because I'm 91 years old) are pro's at what you do and so slick, I love reading all you do to get deals for you and everyone else.

I stand and applaud all of you that help others here. :)

Now, on to my business, I am confused by the priceline map. I'm trying to find the best hotel/resort by the Port Everglades. My husband and I are taking a cruise in Nov to celebrate our 70th. Yes, that is not a misprint, our 70th.

I want to stay at the most glamourous place down there the night before our cruise but at bargain rates.

I would appreciate a possible step by step walk thru for me posted here, is that possible to ask for?

It is just confusing for these elderly eyes.

Questions? Please ask and I'll answer as soon as possible

Thank you.

Melanie

Date is Nov 14th to 15th

3 1/2 * Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades iD help requested

Ammenities are:

■A well-known, on-site restaurant

■Large, quality rooms

■Room service

■Health and fitness center

■Business administrative center

These properties are frequently located near convention centers and attractions.

Thank you.

Melanie

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thanks for the compliments on the site... and kudos to you for navigating your way around the internet superhighway :)

For the most part, PRICELINE's Downtown zone is closest to the Port Everglades pier, followed by the Airport zone (as a third choice some take the beach zone too, but this one to a lesser extent)

You can look at the Priceline Hotel List to see which properties have been reported in each zone at each star level. However, with PRICELINE you wont' be able to choose specifically which hotel you will receive... you could receive any hotel in the zone(s) that you select at the star level (or higher) that you choose.

If you'd like to have an educated guess as to the hotel you may receive HOTWIRE may be a better option as they show you the amenities that the hotel has before your purchase and this can sometimes be used to take a guess as to what you will receive. If you want help identifying the HOTWIRE property above please include the amenities that hotwire associates with the offering.

Lastly, to get an overview of the area in relation to the pier, check out our sister site: Hotels By The Pier.

Let us know your thoughts based upon the above, ask questions or let us know how you'd like to proceed, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was trying to follow the board rules and placed this in hotwire section (since it was hotwire) but now you've moved it here.

Did I violate a board rule by doing that? If so, I am sorry.

Was just trying to find out which hotel this was using the great people here.

Melanie

We keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread which is why we merged your two threads... if you ultimatley use HOTWIRE we'll then move the entire thread to that section of the board.

For help with the HOTWIRE property please list the amenities (the orange icons) under that offering on your HOTWIRE search (the info you did provide i believe is more for the 'generic' description of 3.5* hotels and not this specific property)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm confused and need help then. I put in my search, choose the area nearest Port Everglades, choose 3.5 stars (the max allowable) and it showed this place for $102 and then when I clicked "amenities" this was the list it showed. I didn't see anything orange. What did I do wrong?

Melanie

Well, the icons used to be orange, now there sort of a grey color (sorry, old habits hard to break)

If you go back to HOTWIRE and re-run your search, under line:

3.5-star hotel in Las Olas - Downtown - Port Everglades you'll likely see pictures of:

No Smoking, Fitness, Pool, Restuanant, Business, Hi-Speed Internet

Do you see these? If so, this is a match for the Renaissance so that would be our best guess.

Let us know if you're able to see the above and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]