how much should I increase the bid?

2washington
By 2washington,
in

After the first attempt failed, a msg came out, saying they will give me a free chance to rebid if I increase $12. Originally I have only one zone to add to get a rebid, which means I have only one more chance. But now since they have provided, I accepted. Then I got it.

How to deal with this situation? Should I refuse it and increase by something like $5, or $6?

It depends upon how close to check-in you're bidding (an advantage of bidding far in advance). If you would be unsuccessful, would you have another opportunity to bid again after 72 hours?

Also, when they give you the opportunity to raise by $12, if you don't add a zone and raise by an amount less than $12, you will automatically be rejected. In other words, their offer to allow you to bid again immediately without changing something is contingent to you raising your bid by $12.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]