Priceline Hotel: TPA - Grand Hyatt Help

davecndn
By davecndn,
in

You're looking at a stay 3 weeks before yours. Dates are rate sensitive so you can't really compare them. Kepp trying, you have plenty of time. Have you compared the rack rate for your stay and the other posters stay? This is one clue to a successful bid. This is a brand new hotel for the board so we don't have any history for it.

also take a look at HOTWIRE for your stay. This new Crowne Palza was reported today in this Priceline Crowne Plaza Westshore thread.

Just post if you would like any further help.

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start future purchases.

Yellowdog.

Hotwire has it for $56....I found out through "other" forums that I should be able to get it for $46-$47...I guess I am still too far out date wise....I'll keep checking as I get closer.

Also, which of the areas below does not have 4 star hotels? I know Brandon doesn't. any others?

Choose more than one area in Tampa, FL to improve your chances.

1 Brandon

Rates are date specific, so you can't assume that you will be able to duplicate somebody elses winning bid when their dates are different than your own.

Check out this Priceline Tampa Grand Hyatt thread for dates after your own (so it's not necessarily that you're bidding too early) where the user won 2 weeks ago at $50. If you search the Hyatt website for the dates that user won you'll see that there is a non-refundable rate for $120/nite and a refundable rate of $149/nite.

Then search for your own dates and you'll see rates of $179 and $189 respectively.

The above indicates that demand for your dates are stronger, and hotel direct rates are higher, then when we typically see $50 bids won. As a result of the higher hotel direct rates, it may also likely require a higher PRICELINE bid to be successful. Now demand for hotels is a fluid situation and nobody can say how it will ultimatley play out... maybe demand gets stronger and rates go even higher OR maybe demand softens (the hotel gets a bunch of cancellations) between now and you're stay and you're ultimately successful at $50 or less, but i think you're making too much of an assumption that you'll be successful at $46-$47.

I haven't looked too close at the HOTWIRE offer, but are you sure it's the Grand Hyatt (i'm thinking it may not be)? If it's being offered for $56, the hotel is selling direct for $179, why are you waiting for? While you try to save another $5 on PRICELINE this property could disappear and the $100+ disappears as well (but i'd highly recommend getting a confirmation on the hotel before you purchase)

Lastly, you need to know how to determine your re-bid zones on your own, as they can change at any time and need to be checked before each round of bidding. See this thread: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 8 years later...
On 4/27/2009 at 5:41 PM, thereuare said:

If it's being offered for $56, the hotel is selling direct for $179, why are you waiting for? While you try to save another $5 on PRICELINE this property could disappear

Sorry to hear this one got away and you missed out on what appeared to be a great deal.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision and hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]