Priceline Hotel: 3* Maryland - DC Suburbs (Bethesda) Marriott

2washington
By 2washington,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

We refer to this as a counter-offer, and they can almost always be undercut. You can read about this in more detail here: PRICELINE SUGGESTS PRICE TO PAY. Regardless, $52 is still a great deal for a 3* hotel in this area!

New users should also read and familiarize themselves with RE-BIDDING as it's the most important strategy/technique used to assist in getting the best price.

Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding the above.

Thank you for posting and sharing your win with the board. Could you also add the actual date of your stay so that i can edit the title accordingly.

Thanks again!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your answer.

My case is just within the 72 hours and has only one free zone to add. So if I refused there offer, I may result in nothing.

But I have another question.

I am sure I will need to stat at that area on the coming Fri. So if I bid for 2 night at the beginning rather than bid for each night seperately, will that be easier to get a good deal?

I think you're asking, "Will i get a better deal if i bid two nites together vs. each nite individually", is that correct?

Bidding both nites together will not necessarily land you a better deal. Priceline needs to have availability for both nites and your bid must be high enough to be accepted for each nite. So if the hotel's lowest acceptable price for Thursday is $45 and the lowest price for Friday is $55, you would need to bid at least $55 to get accepted if bidding both nites together... a bid of $50 would be rejected since it's not enough to win each nite (although it is enough if you look at the average... but priceline doesn't work that way)

However, by bidding the nites together you are assured of being in the same hotel during your entire stay. If you split your stay and bid each nite individually, you could get a different hotel for each nite and have to change hotels after the first nite. This usually isn't acceptable for a 2 nite stay, but it can be used to your advantage for an extended stay (say for a 7 nite stay... splitting your bid into a 3 nite stay and a 4 nite stay) where changing hotels once wouldn't be as significant of a 'hassle'.

Could you please provde the actual date for the above stay... it could potentially help somebody else looking in this area for the very same date.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]