Priceline Hotel: Pre-cruise hotel in FLL- what am I doing wrong ?

staybolt
By staybolt,
in

Im new to Priceline and Hotwire but cant seem to hit the sweet spot so far for one nite decent hotel nite of 05/3 close to Cruise Pier. Prefer Embassy or Amerisuites but they appear to have zero availability. Hotwire continues to show 3 star in airport zone for $ 81, which I take to be the Sheraton based on the amenities, but nothing at all downtown. Priceline bids of $ 66 for 4 stars down to (using free rebids) 2.5 stars across Downtown, Beach and Airport have failed to be accepted.

I still have some time but wonder if its my dates or user error.

Appreciate any advice...

Bill

You're not doing anything wrong, but i would suspect that it's your dates that are the problem. Priceline and Hotwire typically get inventory that the hotels don't expect to sell through conventional means, so if the AmeriSuites and/or Embassy Suites are sold out (ie- no availability) then there is nothing offered to Priceline or Hotwire to sell for those dates.

I would guess that something is happening in town that nite, or there are an abundance of cruise ships in port the following day. Do you have a cancellable back-up booked? (if so, at where and at what price)

Also, this is peak season for this zone, and the Embassy Suites often goes for $75-$83 thru Priceline (as seen Example 1 Example 2), although i don't necessarily think that is the problem since the ES shows no availability. I only point it out that you're not likely to get the rate in the $50's that others have posted as those rates are not typically seen at this time of year. I don't know if you'd want to consider an $80 bid for 4* at Ft. Lauderdale Beach, as the user in THIS POST had success with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You know, I thought the same thing...however after searching the "whats up" listings in the city there seems not to be anything unusual. But it is a tease to see much better hotels going for less than the standard stuff.

Haven't backed up yet with a refundable reservation ( been doing some checking just now...Hampton and Comfort Inn on Sterling are avail, surprisingly the hampton is 89 and the Comfort Inn is over 100 ) but will do that this weekend.

Regards

Bill

May 3 and May 4 are the dates of the FLL McDonalds Air & Sea Show. If you are arriving by air on Saturday, look for the USS Enterprise to be anchored off the beach of FLL. This is the largest airshow in the country and it is truely awesome. The Enterprise arrives in FLL on Monday 4/28 and wil be docked in Port Everglades until the Friday am. The Air Force Thunderbirds will be performing.

JMG, thanks for posting this information!!

Bill, i don't know anything about the hotel, but the Comfort Inn Airport/Crusie Port seems available thru QuickBook for $69/nite (and it says includes breakfast, including made to order omelet station) as well as transportation from the airport and to the pier.

You can book/reserve the same hotel above directly at their website for $90/nite, and it appears (as in, double check it yourself) that they have a 24 hour cancellation policy (i know QuickBook does charge a cancellation fee, but i don't recall how much it is), so that might at least be a potential back-up for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]