Canada Vancouver Hyatt Regency

blacklab
By blacklab,
in

• 1 year later...

We have just returned from an overnight stay at the Hyatt and , as there are not any recent reviews on "better bidding"I decided to report on our experience.

This hotel has a super location right in the heart of Vancouver. The lobby and public rooms have all been recently renovated as have some but not all of the guest rooms .We were told that this is an ongoing project.

We arrived around 3pm and asked if they might have a "renovated" room available for us. Without hesitation, we were offered a room with 2 double beds on the 26th floor. The room had a view of the harbour even though office towers are all around and it was particularly wonderful at night .

Our room was very modern, floor to ceiling windows, upscale modern furniture, flat screen TV , great beds and well appointed bathroom - though they were a bit short on toiletries, if I really want to be picky!.

There was a mini bar plus coffee maker with complimentary coffee and a newspaper was delivered in the morning. There's also a safe and an Umbrella!

Parking at $24.00 Cdn.is a bit pricey but this is Downtown Vancouver and we had in/out privileges.

We didn't check out the recreation facilities or the pool nor did we eat in any of the restaurants.

We were abosolutely delighted with this Priceline stay and would love to stay there again. However, I have been told that the non-renovated rooms really do need work so we might not feel the same if we had been given one of those.

By the way, there's a Tim Hortons right next door which could be very useful if you want a quick inexpensive coffee or sandwich etc.!

• 5 months later...

I stayed at the Hyatt Vancouver on Dec 27 through Priceline (sorry, I omitted to put it on this board but I got it after a few re-bids for $65), and I thought it was a great hotel. I got one of the renovated rooms and it was quite modern. The shower water came out of the ceiling! I was on the 25th floor with a mostly city view. Would definitely stay there again.

• 10 months later...

Stayed at the Hyatt on November 16, 2007 for $80. They have done a really nice job of renovating both the Lobby and the rooms. When I checked in @ 2pm I got the King Non-Smoking room I requested. Could use my Hyatt Gold card for meals etc, as my room was pre-paid (no mention of priceline). Great deal for this centrally located hotel. Parking is expensive $24 per day (in/out OK) - but all parking is expensive in downtown Vancouver.

I have booked again for December 7th and 8th for $75 per night... thru Priceline

:)

• 8 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]