Priceline Hotel: 5* Venice Hilton Mollino Stucky

arizonagirl
By arizonagirl,
in

Unfortunately Venice only has one free rebid zone for a 5*, so it took me awhile to get this bid. I started at $131 and then $139 (day 1), $147 and then $153 (day 2), $159 and $166 (day 3), and then $172 today (accepted first bid).

Total cost is $392.68.

Hope this makes sense.

Incidentally I had tried also to bid 4* in Venice, up to $151, and was rejected. There are no free rebids in Venice for 4*, so I started at $131 (day 1), upped it to $141 (day 2), then $151 (day 3). All rejected with no counteroffers.

Incidentally I had tried also to bid 4* in Venice, up to $151, and was rejected. There are no free rebids in Venice for 4*, so I started at $131 (day 1), upped it to $141 (day 2), then $151 (day 3). All rejected with no counteroffers.

For May 12-15, I had priceline repeatedly counteroffer $163 for a 4*. Not being sure I wanted to be stuck at the Hilton (both for location and cost of amenities), I wasn't bidding 5* at all.

Yeah, I wasn't 100% jazzed about the Hilton -- I was holding out hope that I'd be the first to get a different 5* in Venice! And I wouldn't have minded a 4*, but we are leaving the country tomorrow and I wanted to wrap up the details. The Hilton may not be the best location, but the hotel looks pretty nice anyway. Given that my backup was a 4* for US$232/night, I'm pleased.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]