Priceline Hotel: Advice for 2A/1teen for 7/18/09-7/27/09

R0cc0
By R0cc0,
in

Haven't specifically decided on an exact area/zone, but walking distance to some of the typical touristy areas would be nice, yet quiet.

2 adults, 1 teen (14-yr-old musical-theater-crazy daughter).

Our budget is up to $120 a night, but are we asking for trouble trying for Priceline on this? And the 9-night thing...? We're not averse to splitting, but is it too big a risk that the hotel wouldn't allow our daughter in the room once we book?

I see Sheraton Towers comes up often on PL in our price range, and I'm a member of their preferred program, if that matters...

I see HW has $115 for a Chelsea/MSG hotel - any thoughts on how that would be for our needs?

Thanks for all advice/suggestions....

Rocco

That Chelsea/MSG Hotwire hotel for $115 was for the total time we'll be there as stated in the subject.

Amenities are Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, and High-Speed Internet (in the rooms). It was a 3.5-star listing.

Thanks for the quick reply!

R0cc0

PRICELINE guarantees 1 bed only; while you may be able to work something out with the hotel, there's a definite chance that it may wind up being 3 people in a room with 1 bed. Some people are okay with that due to the discount and decide that they will "make it work somehow", while others want to guarantee bedding for their entire party (which makes HOTWIRE the choice.)

Hotels almost always do not give reward credit for PRICELINE stays.

The 3.5* Chelsea is likely the Doubletree Chelsea, which is having its full opening on 5/30 (so the hotel will still be pretty fresh if you stayed there in July.

I don't think you need to switch hotels for this stay from a price standpoint. The only reason I suggest switching (if possible) to those who are staying 7+ days is that, personally, I think if one is staying in NYC for a week or more, it would be nice to get a change of scene, both in terms of hotel and in terms of the hotel area (but maybe that's just me.)

Please use the site's HOTWIRE and PRICELINE links to start your purchases.

I wasn't worried so much about the 'rewards' as wondering if it would help with getting an extra bed in the room or something... but we're not at the stage of '3 to a bed is OK' just yet (lol) so we might explore the HOTWIRE thing a little more...see if this Doubletree Chelsea will work for us as far as a suitable area.

We just have to decide if we're happy plunking down just once for the entire stay or if we are good to pack up & switch hotels at some point.

Excellent thoughts from everyone - many thanks!

R0cc0

• 7 months later...

Follow-up:

We decided not to use Hotwire/Priceline after all for that trip so we could be certain of the exact hotel, location, and amenities. Ended up with the Hampton Inn & Suites - TSN, which also provided a pretty good free breakfast every morning, among other extras, but paid quite a bit more for the certainty.

AaronJB, I hope this is sufficient for your requirements to answer a question in a different thread.

R0cc0

Ended up with the Hampton Inn & Suites - TSN, which also provided a pretty good free breakfast every morning, among other extras, but paid quite a bit more for the certainty.

Please note, as per our support page, that we are an affiliate of the Hampton Inn as well as most major hotel chains and online booking agencies... please use our links to book your hotel direct purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]