Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (Disney World Vicinity) Gaylord Palms Resort

aliannie
By aliannie,
in

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando the past couple of years through Priceline and had hoped for a win at that property or at the Omni. Does anyone have any input on the Gaylord Palms Resort? I have a 12 year old daughter and am afraid that the pool and other activities will not live up to the outstanding facilities at the Hyatt and Omni.

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress in Orlando the past couple of years through Priceline and had hoped for a win at that property or at the Omni. Does anyone have any input on the Gaylord Palms Resort? I have a 12 year old daughter and am afraid that the pool and other activities will not live up to the outstanding facilities at the Hyatt and Omni.

I've stayed at all 3.

Your concern is somewhat justified, but at the same time, I think you and your daughter will love this hotel. The pool isn't on par with either the Hyatt or the Omni, but the hotel itself is much nicer than either place. We just got back from our first stay at the Gaylord a couple of weeks ago. I had my 8 year old daughter and one of her friends with us. They enjoyed the pool and the waterslid OK, but what they really loved was the alligators and turtles, the fish and stingrays, and the atrium view that we had.

TIP: When I checked in, I gave the check-in girl a $20 and asked her if she had any upgrades available. She put is on the 6th floor overlooking the alligators. It was AWESOME! Give this a try.

Be aware there is a resort fee and I believe parking fee..
Good point!

The Gaylord has a resort fee of $17 or $18/night. But it ALSO charges for parking - $12/day for self or $21/day valet. We elected to valet (first time we've ever done that before - really liked it) b/c we knew we'd be in and out of our car a lot, but I've heard people say that you can park in self-parking and just tell the check-in folks that you don't have a car. Personally, I didn't feel comfortable doing so, but to each his own. $30+/day IS definitely a lot of money to paying in daily fees.

At both the Hyatt and The Omni, the resort fee is $15, (at least it was the last time I stayed at both places) and includes parking.

IMO, based on the tiny bit you've shared here, The Omni may be the best combination of luxury hotel, GREAT onsite recreation & activities, and reasonable fees for you and your daughter. Assuming that there isn't a HUGE discrepancy in price, then the next time we go to Orlando (which will probably be for Memorial Day Weeked), that's where we're going to stay.

Another thing that the Omni has going for it, is that you can walk to a Publix, Subway, and McDonald's. You don't have to eat onsite at one pricey restaurants. That saved us some good money on breakfast and lunch when we were there last time.

Either way, have fun. All 3 places are great!

Thank you for your input. I actually won the bid at $90. at the Gaylord Palms. I am trying to get all of the input possible on this hotel since we haven't stayed there before. It sounds like we will be happy with the stay, except for the resort and parking fees. Thank you all for the information.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]