Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt

requalifly
By requalifly,
in

Nice to see you land this property... one of the great ones!

Did you have prior bids immediately rejected before this acceptance? This property used to either be 'yes' or 'no', meaning that it was $37 acceptance or not at all... we're now starting to see multiple rates for them.

If you're looking for something to do on Sunday (12th) it's the last day of a small festival in Hoboken. It's very small and not worth making a special trip but i figured i'd mention it anyway.

However, the following weekend 9/19 is a BIG festival in Hoboken and i'd recommend anyone in the area to check it out. It stretches 8 blocks down the main street (they close the road) and there are lots of artists, craftsmen, food vendors, music on two stages, and rides for the kids.

Also, if you're looking for a place to eat don't forget about the BAJA DEAL i've worked out for board members.

Thanks for sharing.

PS- is this a one or two nite stay?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Just returned from a 4 night stay and would recommend if the hotel wants to put you on the second floor, ask politely for something higher. The Hyatt on the Hudson is built on a Pier in the Hudson River. The reception/front desk is on the 3rd floor of the hotel and is the same level as the convention/ball rooms and VU restaurant/dining room.

Floor 1 has the pool (lap size and very small), exercise/weight room,

and some hotel rooms. Floor 2 has hotel rooms under the ball rooms and restaurant and I'm not sure which area was active (ALL NIGHT LONG) but it

sounded something like a grocery store shopping cart was being rolled across the ceiling of my room. Based upon the location of my room, 215,

I believe the culpret area was the Bar/Restaurant but the Bar closed about

midnight so I don't know what could have been going on.

We were so tired each night from hiking accross Manhatten I was still able to sleep but had we not been so tired this would have been grounds to demand another room.

Good luck on your stay and I promise you will be awestruck by this fabulous hotel especially for the price!

Didn't know about the Discount at the Baja but ate there anyway and the food was excellent. Also had a good meal at a Cuban/American restaurant called the Hard Grove which was very reasonably priced and

also excellent quality.

Regards, Keoni

Part of the hotel is only 3 floors high, nearest the entrance, but most of it is 9 floors. This is probably one of the most underrated Hyatts on the East Coast. In fact, I think it is the only one nearest the Atlantic Ocean except for Boston or Newport Hyatts. You can sit at the windwo and watch the jelly fish swimming below from the room. Also, got to experience 2 big cruise ships go by which made for a great picture with the lower Manhattan skyline in the back.

I passed by Baja Rest. but didn't seem very impressed. The special is probably good for sharing as a group, but $11 for tacos seems high. I would recommend Oddefellows next door. $2 drafts on game day and New Orleans food if you are hungry.

However, I wanted to point out Fat Burger, California's White Castle basically. Their first NY metro location is only 3 blocks from the Hyatt. It was a pleasant surprise to stumble upon this Californian icon, which recently opened here. Greasy burgers and thick milk shakes were a welcome treat. :)

You sure those were jellyfish and not plastic bags floating in the wter... it is the Hudson afterall :)

If you had tasted the chips and salsa at the Baja you would have had different thoughts... i've learned to never judge a restaurant from its looks (except in the rate occaisions that i just know it's too pretencious for my tastes). I haven't had tacos there in years so i don't know if they're worth the $11 price tag, but $15 for the steak fajitas is definately reasonable and they are great. As well, in the post above yours Keoni says, "Didn't know about the Discount at the Baja but ate there anyway and the food was excellent."

Oddfellows also has a Hoboken location and we dine there often, but i've never been to the Jersey location. At the Hoboken restaurant the food that comes out of the kitchen is well above average for bar food, but in Hoboken something always seems to go wrong... they run out of something, particle in my water glass, wrong beer served, etc. Nothing tragic enough to keep us away, but just a little irritating when it happens so consistently.

If you want to drink... Oddfellow's is a good choice. If you want to eat... the Baja is a better choice.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

something always seems to go wrong... they run out of something, particle in my water glass, wrong beer served, etc. Nothing tragic enough to keep us away, but just a little irritating when it happens so consistently.

Hmmmm have you tried tipping? :) :) :o

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]