Priceline Hotel: Question about South Beach bid

cairosteve
By cairosteve,
in

Hi -- I'm a newbie and think this site is awesome. I'm wondering if I can get some advice from some veterans. I've put in two bids for a 4-star in South Beach -- $85 and $95 -- for Oct. 9 and 10 (a Saturday and Sunday night). Both have been rejected. I'm wondering if it would be best to wait, or to keep upping my bid. Or if there's any other advice anyone can give me. For instance, I could expand my bids to include other four-star areas -- I'm only familiar with South Beach.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm not sure if you waited the 72 hours required between bids, but you can add areas that only offer 3* hotels or lower and essentially be bidding for only South Beach. We refer to this as re-bidding and it is explained in more detail here: PRICLINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED. If this concept is new to your feel free to ask any questions you may and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding (in order to avoid any mistakes).

Acceptances at the 4* level in this zone have traditionally been between $75-$125 depending upon season (cheapest in the summer). Whether you increase your bid or not is dependent upon you budget, if you already have a cancellable back-up reservation (if so, where and how much), and how comfortable you are waiting until the 'last minute' to know where you will be staying. Another option is to lower your star quality, but it doesn't sound is if your favorable towards that... nor would i suggest it this early in the bidding process.

Using the re-bid method above you'll be able to place 6 bids (as there are 5 re-bid zones) every 72 hours, so if you decide to raise your maximum bid let us know what it is and we will suggest a strategy to gradually and systematically take you up to your desired limit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are bidding for the Columbus Day weekend and prices may be higher than successful bids (like mine) for off peak days this month. I might look at t he Holiday Inn website and compare available rates for the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza for your days vs. others. The Crowne Plaza seems to be the hotel you're most likely to get for 4 stars in S. Beach, so if the rates spike that weekend -- indicating availability is limited -- you're probably going to have to bid more or stay elsewhere. That said, no reason to rush into something you don't want.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]