Priceline Hotel: Hotel/Resorts in Sanibel Island, FL or Captiva Island, FL (N Sanibel)

FireMedic09
By FireMedic09,
in

So I am trying to get a hotel/resort booked for my proposal -- I am trying to get a great rate on a hotel or resort somewhere close to the beach on Sanibel Island or just north of Sanibel in Captiva Island (same island, just further north on the beach)

The dates of travel will be: June 26 - May 2nd, 2009.

I would like it to be a higher rated hotel or resort, not that we will be staying inside much, but at night, I would like something comfortable to come home to.

Any suggestions on how to start this process?

I am familiar with the re-bidding theory -- but since this is such a special trip, I don't want to screw it up by getting a "crap" hotel.

Ideas?

I am assuming you meant June 26-July 2.

The good news is that there really are not any horrid hotels on Sanibel or Captiva, the two pieces of bad news are that there are only a few hotels on the islands (mostly condos with private owners who rent through brokers) and only one that I am aware of that uses Hotwire or Priceline. That one is the Sanibel Inn. I have heard rumors of South Seas on Captiva but those are old rumors and the place has changed hands since then so...

I know this is not a travel advice forum but I have been to this area many times and if I were going to propose I would be at Tween Waters on Captiva on the beach at sunset. The place is not that expensive in June and is perfect for your purposes...look it up.

• 1 month later...

Well, my roommates Time share locations all over FL are booked up -- so I need some help from my Priceline/Hotwire forum family to find a great hotel at a reasonable price (6 nights, under $300.00), near the beach, and hopefully with a kitchenette.

Can this be done?!

Fort Myers Beach / Sanibel Island

Looking to propose while down there, June 26-July 3, 2009.

Her birthday is June 29th -- she thinks we are traveling for her birthday.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

I am not opposed at other locations around Florida either...

(6 nights, under $300.00), near the beach, and hopefully with a kitchenette.

$50 per night for a hotel with a Kitchenette on Sanibel or on the beach at Ft. Myers? You better hope that your intended does not read your post. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing to add to the hotel question, but I had to chime in and say that you're picking a great place to propose.

I proposed to my wife on Sanibel Island. Specifically, at the very north end of the island, before you go onto Captiva, there's an area known as Blind Pass. I chose the beach there at sunset.

Good luck!

I ended up negotiating a price directly with a wonderful place right off of the bay, walking distance to the beach on Fort Myers Beach. $62.00 a night.

It is off season, so that works.

How was the sunset on the N. End of Sanibel island? I have been thinking about that the sunset may not be directly in front of us, which could pose a problem for the student photographer that I have hired off CraigsList to capture some amazing shots.

I have heard that the sunset is more directly in front of you on Fort Myers Beach --

so I am thinking of either Blind Pass, Bowman's Beach, or Lovers Key

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]