Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers

heidilyn12
By heidilyn12,
in

I need help identifying a 3.5* hotel in the Midtown East area with the following amenities:

Restaurant

Business Center

High Speed Internet Access

I have already checked the Hotwire Hotel List sticky thread, and there isn't a hotel listed in that area with those amenities. I thought someone could give me some insight....

Thanks in advance for any help!

HOTWIRE lists the tripadvisor traveler review rating for this hotel as 4/5 based on 680+ reviews. Referencing tripadvisor directly I see that the New York Helmsley fits this rating. That would be my best guess.

Help support this site by using this HOTWIRE link to start your purchase and report back to the board. It could be a new hotel to add to our list.

Staying a long weekend in New York City over Memorial Day. After checking out my options on Hotwire, I decided to try to "low ball" a bid on Priceline. Here is what I bid:

$95 MTW 4* - rejected

$100 added Brooklyn area - rejected

$105 added Chelsea area - rejected

$110 added Long Island area - ACCEPTED!

Happy to get such a bargin at such a convieneint location.

Thanks BetterBidding!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice deterctive work guys!

Confirmed as per this Hotwire Helmsley New York thread that this property has been downgraded from 4* to 3.5* and has the amenities above. We'll update the Hotwire Hotel List accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

After doing some research on this hotel on boards like TripAdvisor.com, I am not so excited about my stay here

Has anyone ever had any luck complaining to Priceline about the rating of the hotel. Many people say that it isn't a 4* hotel, as advertised on Priceline. Even some employees of the hotel say it is only a 3*!

I am very worried that the 4* experience I was hoping for on my first trip to New York is going to be dissappointing.

Hi heidilyn12,

I was in the same situation with you, my bid was accepted at the Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers. I was excited about the excellent location but after reading about the review, I was very worried.

To my great surprise, Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers was excellent in my experience, the staff were very helpful, friendly and attentive. We requested a room on the higher floors and they put us on level 43!!!!! Excellent views of the Manhattan skyline and even of Central Park.

The room itself was nice, clean and not as old as I was expecting from what I had read in the reviews. The bed was comfortable and large flat screen TV was nice. The room was small compared to other hotels we've stayed at in other cities but I've been told that's what you get in Manhattan.

The hotel looked newer and nicer than the pics posted on TripAdvisor. So don't worry too much. For what you're paying, I think its a fantastic deal! The location is prime! the Subway E, B & D is directly outside the hotel. Times Square, 5th Ave, Madison Ave, Central Park and Rockerfella Centre are all within walking distance.

The only complaint I would have is the air vent in the bathroom and the Air Con was quite dusty and not as clean as I would have expected...but that's a rather minor issue.

I'm not too sure about the star rating issue, we didnt really use the amenities.

Overall, we were very happy with what we got. Dont worry too much about the bad reviews, although it's not THE best 4 star hotel we've stayed at, I'd say its much more than adequate!

Enjoy your stay heidilyn12!

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]