NY NYC Park Central

wcj1
By wcj1,
in

Nutshell: Really liked this hotel and would be happy to get it again.

We were able to check-in at ~10am. Front desk staff were nice. Asked for a king, non-smoking room as high as possible. Got 1416, which was just 2 doors down from the elevators and around the corner from vending/ice but heard no noise. Rooms overall were well insulated against noise.

Room had a good sized entranceway, a nice sized closet, a storage unit with drawers and the tv, a desk and chair, and another upholstered chair. Only down thing with the furniture is that there is not a separate table suitable for eating. Bathroom was large with a lot of counter space.

The carpets in the rooms and hallways are stained with age, but not falling apart. I thought that my feet seem to shed a bit more dirt when I got in the shower each morning, so I was wondering if the carpets were not as clean as could be. Various corners of the room were not pristine, but I did not feel that the room was dirty. For the rate, size of the room, and location, we were willing to forgive this.

Hotel is an excellent location with subway stops adjacent to the hotel and several more stops just a few blocks away. We stayed at the Hilton before, which is just a few blocks away and did not like the location as we felt isolated. However, at the Park Central we felt it was easy to get around and find things near the hotel. The new Columbus Circle mall is open with an excellent Whole Foods in the Lower Level and an Associated Supermarket was just a block north on 58th.

BillJ

• 4 weeks later...

Me and the wife stayed at the Park Central from Sept 24th to Sept 28th, for 4 nights. This hotel is very good, and we would definitely stay there again.

The lobby is nice and modern, check in was easy and quick.

The room was smallish but for NYC, not bad. We had a view of Carnegie Deli from our 6th floor room. The AC worked well, but we didn't use it much since it was relatively cool. The bathroom was just fine as well.

The room was clean and neat, and had none of the negatives that are stated in some reviews(tripadvisor).

The walk to Central Park is 5 minutes, and you can get to CP, Times Square, the Plaza Hotel, 5th Ave, and others very easily. Great location!!

I liked this place, and would stay there again without hesitation.

• 1 month later...

Having booked a room via priceline and after reading a numerous views on the Park Central, NY I was a bit apprehensive upon arriving. However the check in desk staff were friendly and glad to hep with all my requests, the lobby looked great!

The room was OK, the bedding and the bathroom were nice and clean and the d

• 2 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]