Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTW) Sheraton New York Hotel And Towers

jenndon
By jenndon,
in

I use Priceline for NYC several times a year and have never been burned. The rates are incredible now, so we're going to try to stay a couple of nights in the city for Spring Break while hubby works, so he doesn't have to commute.

Since there are 4 of us, and it's for 2 nights, I'm not sure that I want to risk Priceline (although I've only stayed in one hotel that wouldn't have accomodated all 4 of us).

So I'm looking at Hotwire. If I put in 4 ppl, I assume that the hotels that come up are booking me a room with 2 dbl beds?

I see the Sheraton (per other inquiries) here, for $129, which is a pretty good rate (but then I think that I could get it for less via PL probably).

So--

Compare the two booking services:

Can I cancel the room on Hotwire or not?

Room for 4 people guaranteed on Hotwire?

How do the fees compare, because I know that a $125 room on PL really is quite a bit more than that with the fees.

If there's another thread that answers this, feel free to point me there, but I looked at the general Hotwire info and didn't see it. I'd just appreciate hearing from someone who uses both.

Since there are 4 of us, and it's for 2 nights, I'm not sure that I want to risk Priceline (although I've only stayed in one hotel that wouldn't have accomodated all 4 of us).

That is wise! This is allways a risk, not only for New York.

Can I cancel the room on Hotwire or not

No

Compare the two booking services:

What would you like to know? I used both for several years without problem. But I get the feeling that HOTWIRE is a bit nicer when there is a problem.

Room for 4 people guaranteed on Hotwire

Yes, as long as you have booked a quad room are you guaranteed this.

How do the fees compare, because I know that a $125 room on PL really is quite a bit more than that with the fees

I have never compared the rates. But just find a room around $125 on HOTWIRE and go a few steps in the process and you will see the fees.

I hope this helps.

Yellowdog.

Thanks -- very helpful!

We've actually used Priceline for our family of 4 two or three times, but only for one-night stays. We figure that we can cram in for one night. But as I said, even in NYC, they've been able to give us 2 double beds (I call ahead and ask, although they don't guarantee even at that point).

I know that I'm in the minority (and my kids are small -- although getting bigger now!)

But I think that I might try this. I might play around and see if I can get it a lot lower on PL and risk it again. Isn't that part of the fun?

Just wanted to close this out. Ended up going with Priceline (and will post results on that board as well). The Hotwire room had gone up from $129 to $219 as of today, so I knew that Priceline was the way to go.

I ended up with MTW $115 -- Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers

Started in Times Square, 4 * -- $95, rejected.

Added free rebids (105, 115), rejected.

Opened new browser and started at $95, 4 * in MTW, rejected. Added free rebids (105, 115)

Accepted -- $115, Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers.

It's a good location and I am happy because it's a big hotel, so I'm pretty sure that they will be able to fulfill my 2 dbl beds request.

Used BB PRICELINE link.

Could you please state the dates of your hotel stay? Thank you!

Started in Times Square, 4 * -- $95, rejected.

Added free rebids (105, 115), rejected.

Opened new browser and started at $95, 4 * in MTW, rejected. Added free rebids (105, 115)

Accepted -- $115, Sheraton NY Hotel and Towers.

It's a good location and I am happy because it's a big hotel, so I'm pretty sure that they will be able to fulfill my 2 dbl beds request.

Used BB PRICELINE link.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]