Priceline Hotel: 3* Seattle (Downtown - Pike Place) Silver Cloud Stadium

inspiration100
By inspiration100,
in

So far, all my guesses on winning a hotel have been right thanks to the help of this board. Right now, I feel if I bid for the Westin this week I have a good shot at the Westin.

Seeing that a couple people in a row have won the Westin Seattle, any idea what's going on? I would definately bid $75 if I thought I would win the Westin... I just don't want the edgewater. Anything else would be fine. Does anyone know if the edgewater fills up in the summer (thus, I don't have a high chance of winning it?). If I win the Edgewater, I'll probably just let my mom stay in the hotel since she loves it. Still no loss really. Dates are roughly for July 17th - 18th.

Does priceline do spirts of hotels... it seems one week they are doing all of 1 type, another week it's another type?

Thanks for the help folks, love this forum :).

The Seattle hotel guy.... Stayed in 14 hotels downtown and counting!

Favorite Hotel Downtown: The Camlin Seattle (It's now a timeshare)

The last ten reported 4* wins break down like this:

Westin-2

Edgewater-5

Sheraton-2

Vintage Park-1

If you believe the recent past is a good predictor of the future then your odds of getting Westin are 20%.

But if you're a gambler and you've got a strong hunch...

priceline do spirts of hotels... it seems one week they are doing all of 1 type, another week it's another type?

Thanks for the help folks, love this forum :).

priceline has nothing to do with your success of winning one property over another, its a function of the Westin and the others releasing room inventory that would otherwise go unsold. When most folks go shopping for banannas, they want an 8-1/2 on the ripening scale......yellow with a touch of green at the tips. When they get deeper yellow, some buyers will take a pass....when they start to get a few brown spots, although they are fine to eat, they will go begging for a buyer.

So, you gotta ask yourself, how many banannas with brown spots does the Westin have in inventory for your dates of travel?

True to dat, but I have read on this forum that it is very hard to get the Edgewater in the summer because it becomes very popular. I don't think the same always applies for the Westin since it has 800+ rooms. It ups my odds a little anyhoot.

Best option would be to ID it on HOTWIRE and purhcase there.

If you're fixed on using PRICELINE and your dates are flexible, still no guarantees, but i'd wait to see somebody else report a win for that property and then bid the same amount (NOTE: we have seen friends both purchase a hotel at the same time and same price via PRICELINE and receive different properties... so this is not necessarily a recommended course of action)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Edgewater, at least from the reviews I've read, seems to have a record of putting PRICELINE customers in some of their less "desirable" rooms. If you bid and get the Westin, that would be fantastic. However, don't get your hopes up - I never recommend PRICELINE to attempt to get a specific hotel - doing so often leads to disappointment.

No question, they have priceline rooms set aside. I asked them about this, and the front desk told me basically they do.

i hope everyone understands that if you have a rental car to park it will cost you about $38 bucks a night....that adds a lot to the cost per day!!!

This price is for the Sheraton and one other i called...i think the Westin.

Good comment for others to note, but in my case as a local, I bus to Seattle so I have no transportation costs except my bus fare. Parking downtown is very expensive at most any hotel.

I'll update this when I decide how to bid. I may do hotwire or I may have fun fishing with priceline. I'll see how more 4 star bids turn out.

Got a new hotel to add on to the priceline list... :)

Okay, updating this thread. I decided to try up to $75 for 4 star downtown but it was rejected. I didn't want to get Edgewater, thus, I lowered my stars and began at $65 for 3 star and it was rejected. Bumped up the amount to $70 and I won the

Silver Cloud Stadium. I'm excited because the day of checkout there is a Mariners game... so I'll stay in Seattle and go to the game later that night. Date: Checkin June 18 - Checkout June 19. Reviews are VERY good on this hotel, so I'll give a review after the trip. I see this on hotwire all the time, but I don't remember ever seeing this won through priceline?

Thanks for the help and I used your link :).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]