Priceline Hotel: EWR Zone includes Hilton Penn Station

lew
By lew,
in

The Hilton Gateway hotel in the EWR zone but located near Penn Station (Newark) is rated (by PL) 3.5 *. The same rating as the Hilton near the EWR and the Marriott. This hotel isn't really an airport hotel, although they offer hourly shuttles. This hotel won't work for me a $15-$20 cab ride will wipe out much of the savings. I have to be careful bidding, a 3* hotel could get upgraded to this hotel.

I'll probably either skip PRICELINE or bid closer to my date but cap my bid at something that's unlikely to be upgraded to a 3.5* ($50?). Can't use PL if one of the hotels, particularly one that's coming up, is unacceptable.

Double check my information then update the hotel list.

Thanks, we've updated the Priceline Hotel List.

Why not use HOTWIRE in this situation... may cost you a little more, but perhaps you can correctly identify the property and be relatively assured of being in the immediate airport vicinity.

Do note that while i agree the Hilton Gateway is a bit far from the aiport, the do offer scheduled shuttle service, there is a local bus that goes from Newark Penn Station to the airport, and there is also train service from Newark Penn Station to EWR (although this is expensive for this short run and may not be economical vs. the savings, similar situation as cab fare)

What are the date(s) of your stay?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure of the intent of your stay, but if you are looking for a hotel with an airport shuttle, you might want to consider the Elizabeth zone. The 2.5* Country Inn and Suites and 3* Courtyard and Residence Inns each have shuttles. The bare bones Extended Stay America is rated 1* and does not have a shuttle. Note that these are the only reported wins in this zone, but I think its safe since this zone is so small and I can't recall any other hotels located within the boundaries.

Jul 10, one night, to early to bid. My flight departs at 7:30a. I'm flying to Canada, Continental advises getting to EWR 2 hours before the flight. Luggage must be checked in one hour before the flight and I have to be at the gate 30 minutes before. I can't trust the shuttle from the Penn Station Hilton, a couple of posters had issues with it.

By the time I pay PL/Hotwire fees I might just book something like the Courtyard conventionally. I'll check here and use whatever links are applicable. I might give the Elizabeth zone a shot

Normally I'd use PL/Hotwire to get a higher rated property for the same price as a lower rated property but in this case the lower rated property is preferable. Free breakfast is worthless, I'll be leaving before it's available.

edited to add Thereuare--I don't think Hotwire is the solution. Unless I'm missing something the Hilton at Penn Station, the Hilton at EWR and the Marriott at EWR share the same amenities. I checked that prior to my first post.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]