Hotwire Hotel: Need Help Identifying 3* in Lakewood North/Golden

jvhalley
By jvhalley,
in

Unfortuantely this property has not yet been identified and there is no additional information to add any other clues.

I'd expect something along the lines of a Holiday Inn (with a 'missing' Restaurant icon) or the Holiday Inn Express or La Qutina (both of which ususally have Complimentary Breakfast icons)... but really can't be sure as i can't find any match for the above.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you end up doing for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at this same one for July. HOTWIRE has a very limited area for this zone. I did a search on Hotels.com and the only hotel that matches is the TownePlace Suites By Marriott Lakewood

800 Tabor St

Golden, CO, 80401

866-539-0036

Really good reviews on Hotels.com, 3.5 on trip advisor. They allow pets. This is my best guess. I thought about bidding on PRICELINE but I'm afraid of getting the Holiday Inn which is too far east (wadsworth). The HOTWIRE zone only goes to Kipling. I would go for the Golden zone but 85/night for a 2.5 star does not seem like a good deal. I got a couple of rejected bids on PRICELINE for 3.5 star. I'll start a new post for that.

QED

Please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links when you are ready to book.

I'm still mulling this over. As I've been mulling it, the price has dropped quite a lot. Seems to be the same hotel (same exact amenities, region), but now the price is $45 a night...?

I'd be happy with either the TowneHome Suites or the Holiday Inn Denver West. Can anyone else see something I'm missing or do you think it'll come down to these two?

I know, I know, its a guess. I'm just trying to find the perfect hotel to get out to Red Rocks and be as close as possible to the Marriot Denver West where much of the afterparty will be taking place. (too expensive for me!)

Thoughts? Thanks, Better Bidding...

And of course, I'll use the links!

I would do PRICELINE. I just won the Marriott West for early-mid July for $51 a night they had a list rate of $199, great deal and it's closer to Red Rocks than the Simms/Union area. If you are too nervous to bid you can save money by staying in a B&B in Morrison or Golden. I would bid ASAP if you're going for the Phish concert. I just watched the

for 1996 pretty funny. I couldn't find any other hotels that matched, there are a pretty limited number of hotels in Denver West, the only risk I see would be some two star sneaking up.

QED

I meant a two and a half star sneaking into a 3 star something like that. When I searched for hotels matching the specifications you had for HOTWIRE I only found that one hotel, TownePlace Suites. But I only searched 3* hotels so there could be a hotel that Hotel.com classifies as 2.5* but Hotwire classifies it as 3*, since the rating systems are different, that also matches.

If you bid 3.5 you're really safe there are only two hotels you can get Marriott or Sheraton. I would bid PRICELINE 3.5* and see if you can get something within your budget.

There currently is no 3.5* hotel on HOTWIRE for your dates & area.

Some people might not agree with me on this but I think it is true for Denver west area, HOTWIRE is more expensive than PRICELINE, but you have a better idea of which hotel you are going to get so sometimes it's worth the extra money. Since there is such a limited supply of hotels in Denver west that risk is not really there and I think it's better to bid PRICELINE and get the cheaper rate.

I tend to use HOTWIRE when I am aiming for a certain hotel and willing to pay extra to get it.

Again I just bid dates right before yours and Marriott was $200/night on their website and I got it for $55. At least on Priceline you have a change of getting the Marriott which is quite a bit closer to Red Rocks than the Hotwire Lakewood North zone.

Good luck! :)

QED

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]