Priceline Hotel: Advice on NYC stay April 20th-22nd

BrianD4
By BrianD4,
in

Hello, I am contemplating a visit to NYC on April 20th-22nd. My itinerary would include a Yankees game on the 20th. I don't know anything about NYC, so I don't know where I should look. I will only have part of Monday and all of Tuesday for sight-seeing, and would prefer to stay somewhere with various attractions within walking distance.

I did the Statue of Liberty thing many years ago, so I would probably be more interested in the Central Park/Times Square area (or whatever is recommended). If I can keep the hotel under $125 a night, that would be great.

Thanks for any input.

I'd go for 2.5* or 3* Chelsea first. For 2.5* Likely to get the HI Express MSG, which is a very good newer construction hotel with free breakfast. 3* in that zone is likely to be the Holiday Inn 6th Ave., also new construction, similar rooms, no free breakfast. The other possibles you may get in this zone at 3*, the Hilton Garden Inn and Four Points Sheraton, are fine, too. Not far from west side subways (1, A, C, E), walking distance to Greenwich Village and the Theater District. Not as hectic as the theater district options.

With NYC hotels cheaper than we have seen in many years i would be trying for a higher rated hotel than 2.5* as it think you can likely get a 3.5* or even a 4* within your budget... almost unheard of in previous years during Spring.

Once you're plans are firm let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll suggest a bidding strategy at that time.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]