Hotwire Hotel: When is the best time to bid for Charlottesville, VA for 3* 6/19/09?

ssohoops
By ssohoops,
in

When is the best time to bid for Charlottesville, VA for 3* 6/19/09?

I have bid up to $71 (a few dollars additional ever 2 days) with no luck. On the non-bidding side, they list a 3* for $105 - am I bidding too early?

I tried the same in Richmond 4* up to $75 for the same date with no luck and on the non-bidding side, they list a 4* for $115

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You've researched the best available rates you're able to get thru traditional booking channels... now you need to determine what a "deal" is that would be worth it for you to lock it in now with a non-refundable reservation. Use this discounted amount from the best deal you're able to find to determine your upper bidding limit... then continue to try using that as your maximum bid. As you get closer you can consider raising this amount.

Most 3* wins are in the mid $40's-mid $50's so i would probably be currently using something around $55-$56 as my maximum bid with 2+ months to go before your stay.

For additional information see the related link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us update and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We have been using PRICELINE (we used the link through BetterBidding) name your own price for Richmond, VA 4* and Charlottesville, VA 3* for 6/19 to 6/20 (1 night) and have been unsuccessful with Richmond to $77 and Charlottesville to $72. Looks like a lot of people are getting lower than this --- any idea why we aren't being successful? Are we bidding too early? Any guidance would be greatly apprecaited :)

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]