Priceline Hotel: Need Help finding Hotel in NY

Raggy
By Raggy,
in

I am very new to these boards but they seem to have helped out lots of people so I want to give it a try. I have never used priceline and my wife and I want to plan a trip to NYC 9/17 thru 9/21. We both have never been to NYC and would like to see a Broadway show as well as some typical tourist attractions. I am getting a great deal on airfare but the Hotel prices really high. I would love to stay close to Times Square because that is what my wife would like. I don't wan't to pay more than $130 a night if possible. Cany any give me some tips or advice on how to move foward.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please first read (and show your wife) my thoughts on Hotels Near Times Square... i'd highly recommend expanding your acceptable zones to most of midtown, especially if budget is a concern as well.

Ultimately it's your stay and trip so you have to decide for yourself, but let us know your thoughts after reading the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure if $130 will currently be enough for a 4* hotel for these dates, but to give it a try:

At the 4* level you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Start with our link to PRICELINE...

Select 4* Times Square...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use our link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Times Square and MTE...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd recommend trying for 2.5* and 3* in Chelsea. Walking distance to theater district and Greenwich Village, not as hectic as the theater district / MTW areas. But this is VERY far out to get good priceline deals. I find that hotels start dumping discount inventory at good prices into priceline about a month out. When the economy was strong, September was typically a very busy month for NYC, so the hotels didn't discount a lot. They're probably hoping things improve and they'll have another good fall this year, but likely it wont be a peak month. I'd recommend booking a refundable reservation somewhere, like the HI Express MSG, the Red Roof Manhattan, or the Hampton Inn, so you have something. And then start playing around with Priceline starting in mid-August. You can tell a lot about what the hotels are thinking in terms of discounting by checking out Manhattan rates on Hotwire. If you start seeing 2.5* and 3* Manhattan hotels coming in around $150, it's time to start Priceline bidding around $100. (You'll probably get something 2.5* or 3* for September around $125). But if you want to make sure you have a place, guaranteed, at a price better than you'll get with a refundable reservation, you'll probably need to be in the $150 or- $160 range on Priceline now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]