Priceline Hotel: Priceline rebidding in only one zone

rome
By rome,
in

You have plenty of time before your stay, which is key when bidding in an area with no re-bid zones.

What is the minimum star rating you're willing to accept? What is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels? What is your maximum bid for this nite?

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 star min.

For the lowest rate for this star rating, I typically see $90-100 (incl. taxes and fees) as the lowest on conventional sites, as well as the actual hotel brand sites.

The highest I've bid so far for this rating is about $50.

Also, just for the heck of it, I checked out rates for the middle of the week in Apr. (e.g. check in Tues. Apr 21, check out Apr. 22) and noticed the rates are significantly lower! Now is that because those dates are closer than May? Or is it more due to a seasonal factor? Or both? Keep in mind these pretend dates are only a couple weeks before my actual check in date of May 4.

I don't know this area well enough to have any insight into seasonal pricing, but what hotel was it that you saw the rate difference you describe above? (as i'll then be able to investigate further)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

strange! I guess rates fluctuate a lot....when I checked again today, the difference in rates between the April and May dates are no longer big! The only signifcant differences are with the 1 star places (eg Rodeway Inn $54 in Apr., $64 in May)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]