Pet friendly hotels?

Majimart
By Majimart,
in

I am wondering if anyone has had experience booking a hotel through Hotwire and bringing a pet. After doing some research, I have discovered tht many Hotwire hotels are pet-friendly. However, if booking at the cheaper Hotwire price, has anyone had trouble bringing a pet, even if they are willing to pay an extra charge for it?

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks

May

Great minds.

I was just looking for this exact question/answer myself.

Here's what I am doing:

Looking at date-specific available 4* hotels in Atlanta on Priceline.

Taking those results, I'll visit the actual hotel website to determine their pet-policy. For example, the 4* W in Atlanta is listed as available and pet-friendly so that's a match.

Once I find a match, I'll look through the Priceline board here to determine how people bid to receive the W in Atlanta and then, I'll take the chance and place the bid according to the way the winners' bid.

It's going to be a risk, but if you are up for it (and I am) it may pay off quite well.

I think the above approach is a good one, but i would be using HOTWIRE for this purpose instead of PRICELINE, as it's easier to target a specific property with HOTWIRE (and near impossible with PRICELINE)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I booked Pacific Palisades hotel in Vancouver, Canada last weekend, and they took our dog with no problem at all. We stayed there in May 2009 but paid full price and booked by phone. At that time, they were a very welcoming pet-friendly hotel. It seems that even though we booked through HOTWIRE this time, they were still wonderful with the dog.

Thanks

Majimart,

Can you please share your results with the board as a NEW TOPIC so your win can help others on the board and also appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. Please include the:

star rating, city, zone, hotel name, price, dates, and amenities shown before your purchase

You can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

PS- please also follow-up your previous Hotwire Vancouver thread with whatever you ended up doing for that stay (even if you chose t book direct, cancelled your stay, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]