Hotwire Hotel: 4* Monterey-Carmel (Monterey) Hyatt Regency Monterey

BEAV
By BEAV,
in

I needed two rooms, so decided to purchase one through PRICELINE for $105, one through HOTWIRE for $161 and then applied for Hotwire's double-the-difference price guarantee program. The $112 HOTWIRE refund brought the average price per room down to $77 (pre-tax).

Hyatt Regency Monterey Resort & Spa

1 Old Golf Course Road

Monterey, CA 93940

Check-in: April 25 2009

Check-out: April 26 2009

Rate: $161.00

Taxes/fees: $20.57

Total: $181.57

Amenities:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Purchased through the Better Bidding link to HOTWIRE.

Congratulations on your success... both in hotel received and on your Double the Difference Guarnatee.

Haven't seen this done in awhie, yet just refered to it in a post yesterdy, so glad to see HOTWIRE still honoring their Double the Difference Guarantee against other opaque providers (when can show an actual purchase confirmation number reflecting the same property)

Nicely done and glad to see it all worked out well!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Welcome to Better Bidding!

I've been fortunate to use this hot wire / PRICELINE "system" several times when I've needed two rooms. It hasn't failed me yet. One word of advice, though, is to purchase the Priceline room first. That way, if you're assigned a different hotel than what you're seeing displayed on Hotwire it doesn't come back to haunt you by winding up with two rooms at different hotels. In my case, I could have been assigned the 3.5 star Casa Munres on Priceline. Had that happened, there would have been no point in purchasing the second room (at the Hyatt) from Hotwire. I would have simply gone back to Priceline and duplicated the first purchase for the second room. No guarantees I'd get the Casa Munres the second time around, but I think the chances of duplicating the same exact bid minutes later would end up with the same results. Finally, since HOTWIRE can't "see" the rate you paid on PRICELINE, you have to fax them your Priceline confirmation sheet in order for them to approve and process your claim.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]