Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Galveston Hotel Galvez

dougieieie
By dougieieie,
in

We are going to Galveston on Friday for the day (1-hour drive from home in Houston), and i thought WHY NOT try to get a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE room for Friday night?

On Monday, Hotwire had what was pretty obviously the Hotel Galvez at $104.

The wife couldn't confirm till today that she could get Friday off, and now that offer is gone.

Was hoping to use it as a fallback after bidding today and tomorrow.

ANYWAY, using the PRICELINE link at the top of this page I just put in a bid for a 3.5 at $75.

(according to the BB list the Galvez should be only the only 3.5. if other i'm happy)

Got turned down but got this response:

==============

Try Again Right Now

We can't accept your offer of $75 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged. If you are willing to raise your price by $22, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

==============

Have heard about these, but never saw one before.

I'm willing to try again tomorrow at $85.

If they offer again (raise by $12, total $97) i'll grab it.

If not, we spend the day there, and drive back home late.

Will keep you posted.

thanks,

doug

Thanks for using our PRICELINE link for your bidding.

Often the amount of the counter-offer stays the same, so if you bid $85 and are rejected, don't be alarmed if the counter offer actually goes up to $107... this wouldn't be indicative of any change in availability or demand. However, when given these counter-offers, you can't undercut them, it's the amount they suggest or none at all.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Got the Hotel Galvez for one night (3/20) with a bid of $85 today.

FYI, when i tried to "re-bid" using yesterday's request, it sent me to the same "only $22 more" page, and would not let me even try to bid at $85.

I had to go back to the PL home page and start from scratch.

I did worry that bid would fail, AND i would lose the chance to accept the "$22 more" offer but took the risk.

Glad i did.

thanks for the help as always,

dougieieie

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a PRICELINE hotel within your budget and it was the hotel you were hoping for! :)

When you receive a counter-offer priceline won't let you undercut it, you either accept their suggested price or not... the only way to try lower is if you have re-bid zone(s) to use (or can wait it out 24 hours)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and using our PRICLINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]