Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* San Francisco (Japantown-Civic Center North) Cathedral Hill Hotel

binarynut
By binarynut,
in

I've always wanted to try the Cathedral Hill Hotel, it sure looks impressive from the outside. It's the right neighborhood for me as I always get a muni pass and take advantage of muni. The price is excellent, I can't wait to find out why!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're able to experience property you've been hoping to try.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the star rating for this property.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- please do update the amenities in a reply to this thread as indicated above :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about that, here they are:

Amenities

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

I was very suprised to see this at 2.5 stars. I know there had been a 3 star hotel in this area for slightly less the week before. Perhaps its been downgraded?

Binarynut, Colfax, thereuare, Massive thanks. Just got the Cathedral Hill Hotel for 57$ a night, 31/03 - 04/04 on HOTWIRE.

Just to update, it's still listed as 2.5* but now has no ammenties listed. Took a gamble that it was the same and very happy - looks lovely. :)

Will also update my other thread.

Cheers, will update what i can get through the rest of my trip too.

WM

I actually prefer to stay there when I spend a quick night in the city...the location is solid....close to music venues, across the street from Tommy's (easy place for a quick bite and a pitcher of beer) ....one tip: get an inside room...even if it costs an extra $20 a night to upgrade (they charge more for inside rooms), it will change your entire trip....the noise from the streets of Geary and Van Ness go on the entire night....non-stop....there are stop lights surrounding the hotel, so if you have an outside room, it will be almost impossible to sleep....at least that was my experience. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Soooo the Cathedral Hill..... pretty average. It's pretty well located, easy to get to Mission, Union Sq, Fishermans Wharf etc but it's not in a very nice part of town - near the tenderloin, which is slightly dodgy.

Hotel was fine, done up in the early 90s i reckon, and not since. Generally good value at around $55. No wireless, which most other hotels seem to offer, and parking is about $20 a day- so that's a bugger if you've got a car. If you dont mind staying in the tenderloin there's cheap motels near by with both parking and wireless.

All in all, and depending obviously on where you want to hang out in the town, i'd suggest staying down nearer Fishermans wharf or Market, but this is a good budget option.

Cheers all for general heads up!

WM

I stayed at cathedral hill on April 13th for $54 booked via HOTWIRE. Parking was $22 per 24 hours with unlimited in and out. On Hotwire it was listed as Japantown, 2.5 stars, amenities business center and internet only. There is a pool and other things as well, not sure why everything isn't listed. It was perfect, plenty nice and great price. We got a room facing the inside courtyard just by asking no extra cost, it was plenty quiet.

• 1 month later...

The hotel was the best 2.5 * hotel I've stayed in. Yes the tv is small, the outside room is very noisey with the traffic from Geary and Franklin, and the neighborhood is not desirable for some people. I had a great time! I don't travel to watch tv in a hotel room, the noise made me feel like I was home in New York, and sight of homeless people does not destroy my day. The bus connections are excellent, the neighborhood restaurants were reasonably priced, and the outdoor pool area was a huge plus!

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]